- Awesome Art: Big time. The fact that almost all of the characters are detailed and unique-looking is just scratching the surface; elaborately-drawn backgrounds, dynamic action panels, and a truly distinctive illustration style are highlights of this series' artwork.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The mini, rapping prime minister that shows up every now and then.
- Magnificent Bastard: Akumetsu. PERIOD.
- Moral Event Horizon: The military taking Shou's school hostage, and having a guy put on an Akumetsu mask and shoot a teacher, undoubtedly to be broadcasted over airwaves for propaganda.
- You might occasionally feel sorry for some of Akumetsu's victims, up until you find out the extent of their crimes: the people in question have swindled LUDICROUS amounts of money and gotten away with it. And as Akumetsu so quaintly put it, one million yennote can be the difference between someone living or dying, so if you stole 100 million yennote , then you're responsible for the deaths of 100 people.
- Nightmare Fuel: If you don't find Akumetsu to be awesome, you find him scary.
- Must be nice, Akumetsu will get me. Must be nice, Akumetsu will get me. Must be nice, Akumetsu will get me...
- Apparently, there's a page with a Decapitation Presentation so graphic that the group responsible for scanlating the series felt the need to censor it!
- Tear Jerker: You think that after seeing a character die at least 200 times it couldn't get any more emotional? The last 21 Akumetsu would beg to differ.