- Awesome Music: Among others, The Edgar Winter Group's "Free Ride" over the opening credits.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Yet another movie with Mel Gibson "acting" crazy.
- Funny Moments: A few; for starters, Billy buzzing the semi-driver:
...Not unlike this complete MORON here in the brown eighteen-wheeler...
That's not a landing strip, it's a mountain! Please don't do this!Hey, you know, that would make a great commercial! "Excuse me, is that an Uzi? Why, yes, it is..."
- Billy's first day.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Robert Downey, Jr. in a film involving drugs. Awkward...
- Magnificent Bastard: Major Lemond. Even after Senator Davenport reveals he's been Obfuscating Stupidity this whole time, the Major delivers a particularly stinging "Break Them by Talking" lecture.
You can't touch me without cutting your own throat! You know why? Because the president loves my ass!
- Tear Jerker: Jack's last flight is searching for Gene and Billy after their helicopter gets shot down.