YMMV: Afraid Of Monsters
- Memetic Molester: David Leatherhoff in SvenCoop.
- Nightmare Retardant: Not the mod itself, which managed to make Houndeyes terrifying. In SvenCoop, it's a popular server, but obviously, having a buddy with you mowing down hordes of twitchzombies lessens the impact a bit. The official server works to make this less effective (players are often split up and cannot speak to each other unless near each other, they bleed out when on low health, and ammo and weapons are as scarce as ever), but the snark of your fellow teammates and your laughs at their anguished screams kinda dumb it down a bit.
- Originaly, there was supposed to be zombies with big white eyes. They did not look frightening as much as weird, and were cut.
- Porting Disaster: The SvenCoop port of the original.
- Real Song Theme Tune: The game uses various tracks of Aphex Twin, the majority of which are from one of his most acclaimed albums, "Selected Ambient Works Volume II". In fact, in the first 10 minutes of the game you can hear 4 tracks of the same album in a row - Stone In Focus (Main Menu), Hankie (Intro), Cliffs (before blackout) and Tree (after blackout).
- That One Level: The Hospital after the blackout. People tend to quit playing the game when they get lost too much.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Given that you play an addict, this is almost certainly intentional.
- The mod was just made up by the creator, with the creator's brother coming up with an Excuse Plot.