YMMV: Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens
- Die for Our Ship: After the events of issue #3, let's just say Guy isn't particularly adored by Bubblegum/Marceline shippers.
- Ho Yay: Holy crap there's so much between Bubblegum and Marceline. There's more subtext in this comic alone than in five seasons of the show.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Many fans read this comic just for the fact that its about Marceline and Bubblegum, Bubbline shippers especially.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: One of the criticisms of the comic is that it doesn't seem very "Adventure Time"-like. Trading the surreal nature of the series for a typical rock star rise and fall tale that just happens to have AT characters.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Some readers felt this would've been a grand showcase to focus on Marcie and Bubblegum's friendship relationship. But the two are hardly ever together half the time and Marcie constant angsting over every little thing rather then be her usual fun loving self didn't help matters.