Advanced Variable Geo
- Best Known for the Fanservice
- Broken Base: The Genre Shift to visual novels. Was it good or bad? There are also those who want to remember the Advanced series only and forget the original games ever existed.
- Complete Monster: Miranda Jahana is a Corrupt Corporate Executive who wants to create the perfect fighter by any means necessary. To that end, she forced her own daughter Reimi to undergo Training from Hell, abandoning her without a second thought when she lost to Yuka, and created Gattaca Babies through genetic manipulation, only to cruelly kill them off when they didn't fare any better than Reimi. Also driving poor Yuka to an Heroic BSOD through her hideous actions.
- Cult Classic
- Even Better Sequel: The Advanced V.G. games are considered to be superior to the original series of H-Games. In terms of the Advanced series itself, Advanced V.G. 2 is held in high regard and is usually considered one of the original Playstaton's most underrated fighters.
- Evil Is Sexy: Miranda
- Fanon Discontinuity: VG Custom. Yet another remake of the original game, but this time using recycled assets from Advanced V.G. 2 and re inserting the H-scenes (recycled from one of the games in the original series). It's considered pretty bad.
- Narm: As mentioned, the Sega Saturn port of Advanced V.G. re inserted the lose scenes from the original games in a boldlerised form. Needless to say the end result looks....odd.
- Never Live It Down/Old Shame: Jun was a former Olympic wrestler, who was disgraced after injuring her opponent unnecessarily. Which resulted in her being banned from future entry and earned her the nickname "Bone Crusher". It remains a sore spot and reminding her of it could get you hurt.
- Polished Port: The Saturn version of the first Advanced game. Averted with the second, as it was made exclusively for the Playstation.
- Replacement Scrappy / Creator's Pet: Tamao barely managed to avoid both of these fatal tropes and eventually became quite popular.
- The Woobie: Satomi was the primary example, having had a generally crappy life; but then the truth about Reimi's upbringing came out and turned her into this.
- What Could Have Been: There were plans for a PC-FX port of the first Advanced game.