- Ear Worm: "Action Man - The hero of the world!"
The animated series:
- Epileptic Trees: Several, all surrounding Action Man's undisclosed past. For example, at the end of one episode, after Ursula informs AM (from a distance) that he was a spy infiltrating Dr. X's Skull-Men unit and was never truly a member of the organization (as his fractured memory flashes had led him to think), she's seen weeping while holding a photo of Action Man's mother, implying that she might be his sister.
- Foe Yay Shipping: Action Man and Ursula.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The way Natalie is dressed, see this image, considering Pamela Anderson and Malene Espensen would start dressing this way, making them literal Captain Ersatz versions of them.
The CGI series:
- Crowning Music of Awesome/Ear Worm: The opening and ending theme(s) for the show.
- Genius Bonus: The AMP Factor is loosely based on the concept of Laplace's Demon, albeit in miniature. Another nod to an old-timey science theory occurs in the aforementioned peace summit episode, where one of the warring nations is known as Phlogistan, a play on phlogiston, an antiquated theory of heat exchange best known today for its appearance in Tom Strong.
- Narm: Dr. X calling Alex Mann by his actual name while he's a dude in distress would be more impressive if he did not call him "Mr. Mann".
The video games:
- The Problem with Licensed Games: While there are a few games based on the toyline (and one based on the first CGI movie), they..aren't very good, for the most part.