Live-action Fox series Action:
- Crazy Awesome: A number of characters, including Peter, Uncle Lonny and director Titus Scroad (R. Lee Ermey, in one of the few roles where he isn't playing an expy of himself).
- Crowning Music Of Awesome: Warren Zevon's "Even a Dog Can Shake Hands". Also, the closing credits theme.
1970's British comic book Action
- Complete Monster: Dr. Gelder from Hook Jaw is a mixture of incompetence, greed, and malice. When the titular shark menaces his island paradise, which he has stolen from the natives, Gelder refuses to take the threat seriously and even carelessly draws the shark to attack his undersea restaurant, resulting in his wealthy guests being massacred. Only caring about the financial consequences, Gelder tries to have Hook Jaw killed, but when the shark is drugged, Gelder decides to keep it for the money-making potential and promises the leader of the natives, Sharkie, that if he drugs Hook Jaw in the water, Gelder will give him back his island. Gelder allows blood to be thrown into the water to drive Hook Jaw mad, resulting in Sharkie's near death. When he gets fed up, Gelder even evicts the entire native populace on small boats, sending the men, women and children into the shark-infested waters and almost certain death. When his own incompetence dooms the island, Gelder tries to steal the boats from the natives and shoots any who try to stop him, condemning them to die on the island before kicking his loyal bodyguard to Hook Jaw to save his own skin.
- Mary Suetopia: The setting of Death Game 1999 and Kids Rule O.K.
- Narm: Some of the dialogue comes off as pretty dated. The tendency for those about to die by Hook Jaw spouting some variant of "No! The Jaws!" is a particular example.