- Broken Base: While Back In Black is universally loved, there's always a Scott vs. Johnson feud in the fandom.
"People say we've made the same record over and over 13 times, but they're wrong. We've made the same record over and over 14 times."
- There's also divide over the band's Strictly Formula nature. Some are unsatisfied with it, while others believe that they've simply found what they're good at and never tried to be anything other than what they were.
- Angus has joked about this in interviews.
- Crazy Awesome: In live concerts, when they play Hell's Bells, Brian Johnson will swing from the bell that gets lowered onto stage upside down.
- Ending every show with a literal 21-gun salute in "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)" might qualify as well.
- Ear Worm: Many songs, specially because of their repeating choruses and Epic Riffs. "Back in Black", "Highway to Hell", "It's a Long Way to the Top" and "Thunderstruck" withstanding.
- Epic Riff: "Back in Black", "Thunderstruck", "It's A Long Way To The Top", "Mistress for Christmas", "Beating Around the Bush", "Fire Your Guns", "Hells Bells", "Jailbreak"... seriously, every song may qualify.
- They have an Epic Riff for bagpipes with "It's a Long Way To The Top".
- Hype Backlash: AC/DC Back in Black Limited Edition, a deluxe pinball table, climbed the ranks at the Internet Pinball Database's Top 300 games until it reached #1. This prompted some very negative reviews of the table, pushing down to #20 in less than twelve hours. (AC/DC Limited Edition, which doesn't tie in to any album in particular, is still on the Top 10, however, and is Stern's top-ranking machine on the list.)
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks: The band has never changed their style in their decades-long run, often relying on the same three chords in every song. Their own response to this is that those chords work, so why change it?
- Jumped the Shark: Many people have commented that the band haven't been good since Back in Black and are now just repeating their formula without the energy and edge that made their early work compelling. Rolling Stone said in its review of Flick of the Switch that "the band has managed to make the same album nine times".
- Angus Young's retort to the above statement was "I thought it was ten times?"
- LGBT Fanbase: Due to what their name means in the gay community, they have a large gay following, which they embrace.
- Painful Rhyme: Occasionally Played for Laughs, especially in the Bon Scott days.
Gonna be a rock'n'roll singer!Gonna be a rock'n'roll star!YES I ARE!
- Re-grew The Beard: They had a big comeback with the great The Razor's Edge in the '90s. The album produced some of their famous songs (like "Thunderstruck"), its follow-ups Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip were fairly well received, and 2008's Black Ice got critical acclaim and was that year's second best selling album.
- Ask others and they'll tell you in no uncertain terms that AC/DC never lost the beard to begin with. Granted, they might have trimmed it a bit, but they never lost it.
- Signature Song: "It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)" for the Scott incarnation of the band, to the point that Johnson won't perform the song out of respect for Scott. "Back in Black" is probably the equivalent for the Johnson incarnation and "Highway to Hell" covers both incarnations.