Tropers Online: 4,935
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: A Very Long Engagement
- Adaptation Displacement: Few people who have seen the film , especially non-Francophones, will have read the novel it is based on, Un long dimanche de fiancailles by Sébastien Japrisot.
- Fan Nickname: "Amélie in the Trenches"
- Funny Moments:
- "Miracles don't just happen in Lourdes!"
- The scene with the matches.
- Nightmare Fuel: All of the scenes set on the front.
- Tear Jerker: Oh where to begin!?