YMMV: A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
- Anvilicious: The Very Special Episode about drugs. "Rhugs? Rhuck! Rhtooie!"
- Ass Pull: In "Night of the Living Burger" the gang are able to simply order a Bucket O' Clues. What makes this worse is the guy who served them was the culprit!
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In "Scooby Dude" the gang busted a drug dealer. Freddie's voice actor, Carl Stevens, would later become a drug addict and was found dead from a heroin overdose.
- Memetic Mutation: "The monster is... Red Herring!"
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: The show's uses of Better Than a Bare Bulb, No Fourth Wall, and Rule of Funny make it a very different show that is better than the original.
- They Are All Grown Up: Wow! Fred was a dork with a crew-cut! Shaggy was a cute kid before puberty smacked him! Scooby was a growing pup! Preteen Daphne is quite a fine wine! And how did a tiny little girl like Velma grow up and fill out...a lot?
- Vindicated by History: This show was lambasted back in its day for its repetitive animation (especially seen in its dance montages), formulaic nature and for contributing to the trend of "babyfication"note that was going on for cartoon franchises in the 1980s. Nowadays it's fondly remembered for being the first Scooby-Doo series to not take itself seriously by frequently lampshading and parodying the clichés and tropes of the original formula, paving the way for later incarnations.