YMMV: A Night to Remember
- Hate Sink: By the end of the movie, you will be in the mood to keelhaul the idiots on the Californian for ignoring obvious evidence of a fellow ship in distress, starting with Captain Lord.
- Moment of Awesome: Lightoller one-ups himself on numerous occasions, but the band at the end have to take the biscuit.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped
- Tear Jerker: Dear GOD, the last half hour of the film will have anyone in floods of tears.
- Especially when you realize that the boy the waiter tried to save is apparently the child that the Irish immigrants try and set aboard the lifeboat with Lightoller... Only for him to allow the tiny body to slip into the frigid North Atlantic. All that we saw, and they still didn't save him.
- The brief scene with the Strausses. Mister Strauss refuses to go unless all the other men are off, and gently urges Mrs. Strauss to go. Her response? "We have been together for so many years. Where you go, I do."
- The scenes with the Steerage passengers are a combination of this and sheer unbridled horror.
- Vindicated by History: The film was a money loser with it premiered in 1958. However, now it is rivaled only by James Cameron's film as the best dramatization of the disaster.