- Ensemble Darkhorse: Enfer. Even though the author loathed her, her popularity kept him from killing her for a long time.
- Tear Jerker: The Downer Ending.
- Tear Jerker: "Send in the Clowns"
- Wangst - Henrik's lamenting is supposed to be at least partially this. Depending on how sympathetic the actor plays him, however, it can/should be partly genuine pitiable Angst. Probably because what he sees as "profound" torment is really just the result of bad decision making and major UST.
- Les Yay: Petra and Anne's "I'm a boy" scene, complete with rolling around partially clothed on Anne's bed.
- Moment of Awesome: Carl-Magnus tells his wife, Charlotte, that a man can take his wife having an affair, but if it's his mistress, he becomes a tiger. Near the end, Carl-Magnus catches Charlotte consoling Fredrik over something, and mistakes it for an affair, and goes berserk.
Charlotte: "You became a tiger — for me!"