YMMV: A Little Night Music
- Complete Monster: Jerry Tagger. For the majority of his life, he has believed himself to be "superior" to ordinary men, and, as such, he does not care what effect his actions have on other people. Here's how he tested his belief: when he was 8 years old, he reasoned that a truly superior being would be able to kill without feeling anything, so he set his own sister on fire to see how he would react. He felt nothing.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Enfer. Even though the author loathed her, her popularity kept him from killing her for a long time.
- Tear Jerker: The Downer Ending.
- Tear Jerker: "Send in the Clowns"
- Wangst - Henrik's lamenting is supposed to be at least partially this. Depending on how sympathetic the actor plays him, however, it can/should be partly genuine pitiable Angst. Probably because what he sees as "profound" torment is really just the result of bad decision making and major UST.