YMMV: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- Awesome Moment: Pseudelous ends up water-skiing during the chariot chase at the end.
- Awesome Music: Bring Me My Bride.
- Crowning Moment of Funny It provides the page quote, all right? That tell you anything about it?
Lycus: I'll kill him! I'll kill him!
Lycus: The lyingest, cheatingest, sloppiest slave in all Rome!
Crassus: Oh, Pseudolus.
- In the revival, "Comedy Tonight" is continually interrupted with scenes from some horrific tragedy.. The first time it happens, Pseduolus takes a Beat and awkwardly goes "Ha! Ha!" before continuing with the song. But eventually he gets fed up and screams the refrain "Tragedy... TO-MORR-OW! COMEDY tonight!"
- The reprise of "Lovely"... with Pseudolus and Hysterium.
- And leading up to it, Pseudolus and Hysterium need a body to pull off a scheme to help Philia and Hero run off together. Hysterium suggests a bodysnatching service and Pseudolus gleefully remembers that the service's owner owes him a favor... but he died. Hysterium asks what happened to his body, to which Pseudolus says "it was stolen". Hysterium then moans that he wishes he was dead, leading to the above scene. In the film, in response to Hysterium's line, Pseudolus gets the most hilarious "I have an idea!" expression on his face.
- In the film, when Pseudolus pretends to be a soothsayer to fool Erronius, he screams at him "SILENCE!!!" before letting out this bizarre shriek. Even Hysterium looks thoroughly weirded out.
- Miles Gloriosus accidentally throwing his men off count.
- "Forward, mourn!"
- Ear Worm: "Comedy Tonight"
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In the movie anyway. Philia: "3 and 5, I always confuse the two."
- Ho Yay: Tons of it between Pseudolus and Hysterium, and also some later in the show between Hysterium and everyone, due to the cross-dressing hijinks.
Hysterium: I'm so lovelyPseudolus: Literally lovelyBoth: That the world will never seem the same!Pseudolus: You're so lovelyBoth: That the world will never seem the same!
- Also Pseudolus and Hysterium sing a reprise of "Lovely," which was originally the young (heterosexual) lovers' falling-in-love song. At first it's just Pseudolus trying to convince Hysterium to go along with the crossdressing thing, but then Hysterium starts really getting into it and the Ho Yay skyrockets from there.
- The movie takes it even farther by having the two replicate Hero and Philia's Imagine Spot of running romantically through a forest and field together.
- Jerk Ass Has A Point: Sure, Miles Gloriosus is not exactly a great guy but the only reason he's bothering the protagonists at all is because they're attempting to take the bride he paid for fair and square.