YMMV: A Cure for Love
- Alas, Poor Scrappy: Mr. Yagami after Light uses his death to advance his plans. This version was obnoxious and homophobic but he really did care about his son.
- Jerkass Woobie: Light, Misa, Mello, Mr. Yagami, V
- Magnificent Bastard: Light, L, V.
- Ron the Death Eater: Mr. Yagami becomes the resident homophobe.
- The Scrappy: Mello and Near. Despite Mello's recent tragedies reviewers still found Mello's Roaring Rampage of Revenge annoying. Also Mello and Near yell at L and try to kill Light AND L.
- Stoic Woobie: L
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Matt's mood-lightening Plucky Comic Relief will be missed.