"The Kiwi Buzzsaw" Travis Banks (born Travis Bligh; February 15, 1987) is a professional wrestler from New Zealand, currently wrestling in promotions such as Progress Wrestling, Fight Club: Pro, Revolution Pro Wrestling and Defiant Wrestling. Originally born in Australia but moving to New Zealand, he started professional wrestling training at the tender age of 21 and has since worked his way up to being one of the most successful wrestlers from the country. He is the current Progress Wrestling World Champion, the current Rev Pro British Tag Team Champion with Chris Brookes as CCK, a former Fight Club: Pro Champion, the inaugural Lucha Forever champion, a two-time IPW New Zealand Heavyweight Champion and the winner of the 2017 Super Strong Style 16 tournament for Progress.
Travis! Travis! Travis F'n Tropes!:
- Aborted Arc: His partnership with Pete Dunne in WCPW as Strong Style Collective ended when the Bruiserweight joined the WWE UK Championship Tournament.
- Accidental Kiss: At Chapter 41, while teaming with the South Pacific Power Couple against F.S.U and Nixon Newell. Eddie Dennis grabbed Dahlia and threatened to kiss her, and T.K. Cooper responded by threatening to kiss Newell. Following suit, Mark Andrews threatened to kiss Banks, which led to much confusion from everybody else in the ring (and chants from the crowd of "We don't judge!"). While Banks and Andrews try to provoke each other to follow through with the threat, Cooper and Newell dropkicked the two into what the commentating booth described as a "good-old double lip-lock", which Travis seemed to enjoy. One bashful pause and a handshake later, both men leave the ring and the match continues.
- Arch-Enemy: El Ligero and Martin Kirby in WCPW.
- Determinator: There's a reason why Glen Joseph calls him "The Kiwi Terminator".
- Finishing Move: The Kiwi Crusher (a Fisherman's Driver), the Lion's Clutch (an Arm Trap Crossface, made famous by Johnny Gargano), and the Slice Of Heaven (a Springboard Enzugiri out of the corner)
- Heel–Face Turn: Banks underwent a slower variation of this in Progress in the build-up to the 2017 Super Strong Style 16. Starting from his tag team title match at Chapter 45 against the much-hated British Strong Style, the South Pacific Power Trip were the default good guys throughout the match. He then began showing much more respect for his opponents, calling off T.K Cooper at the start of his match against Jordan Devlin at Chapter 44 and even getting T.K Cooper to show respect to Jack Sexsmith after their match at Chapter 46 despite the rivalry between the two. After the South Pacific Power Couple left the UK Wrestling scene due to visa issues, he built himself back up to be a force to be reckoned with as a singles competitor. Once he was entered into Super Strong Style 16, the rest is history.
- Power Stable: Several, in fact.
- CCK (Commonwealth Catch Kings), with Chris Brookes and Kid Lykos.
- The South Pacific Power Trip, with the South Pacific Power Couple T.K. Cooper and Dahlia Black.
- He was a former member of The Prestige in WCPW, with Joe Hendry, Joe Coffey, B.T. Gunn and El Ligero.
- Real Song Theme Tune: In Progress, he uses Nails by Massive Wagons.
- Red Baron: The Kiwi Buzzsaw.
- Revenge Before Reason: At Defiant #5. He would have beaten Austin Aries for the Defiant World Title if he hadn't focused on taking down his former stablemates of The Prestige, El Ligero and Joe Hendry, which allowed Aries to recover and pin him.
- Third Wheel: When teaming with the South Pacific Power Couple, who make it a point to violently french kiss each other in the middle of the ring while he claps politely on the sidelines. He doesn't seem to mind, though.
- Ur-Example: First non-Brit to win the Progress World Championship in the over 5 year history of the company. note . Though the secondary "Atlas Division" championship was held for most of the same year by American wrestler Matt Riddle.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: A bandanna with the flag of New Zealand on it for his entrances.