Wrestling / RXW
RXW (Reviewtopia Xtreme Wrestling) is a CAW League
started by The Shades
. The show features the roster of the site wrestling for titles relating to their subjects of review. It started off with SmackDown vs. Raw 2011
on the Nintendo Wii
, until changing over to the PS3 for episode 4. Episode 10 saw the series put on hiatus until early December when Shades posted on his Twitter that he received WWE '12 and that it would come back. After over a year and the release of WWE '13, it's finally coming back and with a more streamlined set of championships. The commentary team includes The Shades and Wrestlecast host Matty Jay as John Tague and Mikey McGraw. The show was hosted on the Reviewtopia TV stream on Thursdays until its hiatus, where it was replaced by Reviewtopia Game Night.
- RXW Champion: Rage Rider
- RVTV Champion: Vacant
- Amazons Champion: Vacant
- Crossover Champion: The Shades and EZ Rider (Representing The Anime Mavericks)
This show provides examples of:
- Amazon Brigade: The RXW Amazons Division.
- Ascended Fanboy: Bobbert 33 and Megafighter 3, both of whom have contributed to RXW (Bobbert donated money to help the Shades get a PS3 and a copy of WWE '12 and Megafighter made a recreation of the RXW logo in the Create-A-Logo)
- Development Hell: The announcement of RXW's return was made in December of last year, and after the announcement of the logo being made, nothing else came up.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first three episodes were done on the Wii and belts had not been fully established, meaning that people like Matty and Oancitizen would have belts that weren't actually RXW championship belts.
- Kayfabe: The announcers attempt to maintain Kayfabe by not addressing the stream chat and anyone in the chat who has a match remains silent until the match ends. The chat, in turn, acts like an audience, chanting and holding up signs. Along with that, wrestlers who join the stream will sell any injuries they got in the match, such as TJ acting as if he was still dizzy from a concussion from an earlier match.
- Missing Episode: 7 out of the 10 episodes of season 1 are not posted anywhere, though they're apparently on Shades' computer.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Some matches on shows are based on arguments reviewers have on videos or Twitter, such as Enigma and Il Neige having two matches based around the latter insulting Australians, pisssing off the former.
- What Could Have Been...
- At one point, it was considered to have a match between Maffew and Spoony. But the RXW discontinued and Maffew left Reviewtopia before the match could materialize.
- During the early return hype, Cin Wicked was running the "Year of Clamp" making him eligible for a shot at the Anime Championship. However, Cin left before that could materialize.
- There was meant to be a 6-man elimination tag in episode 10 between The Anime Mavericks and The Clan Of the Gray Wolf, but it was lost in the process. During the hiatus, Boomer would leave the Clan and Hybrid would leave RVT. Roo and Commodore would leave RVT soon after.