Wrestling: Pampero Firpo
Juan Kachmanian (b. 1930) is a retired Argentinian Professional Wrestler best known for his work under the name Pampero Firpo. He debuted in 1953 and also wrestled under the names Ivan the Terrible and The Missing Link (not to be confused with another wrestler with the same name.) He wrestled heavily in the old Los Angeles and Pacific Northwest territories. Among his in-ring achievements, he was a 4x NWA (Detroit) United States Heavyweight Champion, a 1x Texas Heavyweight Champion and a 3x NWA Americas (Los Angeles) Heavyweight Champion. He retired in 1986 and worked as a postal clerk in San Jose, CA.As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"The Wild Tropes of the Pampas":
- Afro Asskicker
- Arch-Enemy: The Sheik, for one. Firpo actually turned face after the Sheik hit him with his fireball. He also feuded with Nick Bockwinkel and Al Madril.
- Badass Mustache
- Bash Brothers: Skull Murphy, Larry Hamilton, Neff Maivia
- Beard of Evil/Badass Beard
- Big "YES!": A drawn-out "Ohhhh yeahhhhh!" was his Catch Phrase well before Randy Savage started using it.
- Carpet of Virility: Type 2.
- Finishing Move: Bear Hug, "El Garfio" (Claw hold)
- Department of Redundancy Department: The word Garfio is Spanish for claw.
- Red Baron: "The Wild Bull of The Pampas"
- Wild Man