Wrestling: Mike Adamle
"Uno, dos, adiós!"Michael David "Mike" Adamle (born October 10, 1949) is a sports personality and former National Football League player. He is best known as the co-host of American Gladiators for seven years and as arguably one of the
Tropes associated with Mike the Miz—er, Adamle!:
- Actually Pretty Funny: His one appearance on "The Dirt Sheet" actually makes him Adorkable.The Miz: There are winners...Miz gestures to himselfThe Miz: And there are losers...Points to Adamle who gives a thumbs up. John Morrison begins to speak when...Mike Adamle: That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me since I joined ECW!John Morrison: Don't interrupt me again, Mike.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: His announcement that he was stepping down as Raw GM engendered the biggest pop he has ever received in his WWE career.
- Adamle even botched that farewell by getting up from the announce table too early.
- Ascended Extra: Mike came to Vince's attention back when he was doing color commentary for the Xtra Fun League, alongside Jesse Ventura.
- Cuckoolander Commentator: At one point he forgot what a desk was called. Presumably, he was used to sitting at an announcer's booth, but still.
- "Undertaker gettin' BIZZAY!"
- Damned by Faint Praise: WrestleCrap named him the "least horrendous" recipient of their annual Gooker Award to date.
- Dull Surprise: Adamle's promos really must be witnessed. He makes Cena look like Meryl Streep.
- Malaproper: Poor Mike's knowledge of the product was less than nil. ("A Swing-a-Poor Cane Match!").
- My Name Is Not Durwood: Most notably, he helped put over Jeff Harvey as he pursued the "WEBA" Championship.
- Newscaster Cameo: Before Raw, his biggest claim to fame was co-hosting American Gladiators. —Scratch that, before Raw, his biggest clam to fame was the Family Matters episode "Surely You Joust", which featured Adamle calling a match between Urkel and Carl.
- Older Than He Looks: He's 65.
- The Peter Principle: He played NFL football as a running back in the 70's, announced and hosted numerous sports programs such as American Gladiators and the Summer Olympics, and has competed in a Ironman Triathlon while he was SIXTY years old. A most impressive resume. Alas his obituary will probably include mention of his 2008 stint on Raw somewhere.
- Poke the Poodle: Heel Commentators everywhere, take note. Mike delivered a blistering burn to Morrison, whom he described as having "the build of Tarzan[?], but he hits like Jane."
- Pungeon Master: "JomamajomamajomamajomamaJAMAICANMECRAAAAAAZY!"
- You Ghana make me crazy Kofi!
- Put on a Bus: We... don't talk about Mike Adamle.
- Shipper on Deck: While GM of RAW, he constantly referred to John Cena and Mickie James as a cute couple, much to their annoyance. Probably doesn't help that rumors of Cena and James having an affair have persisted for the last few years.
- "Tommy Dreamer is taking it to Morrison!" Well, that certainly adds a new dimension to the storyline.