Wrestling: Lioness Asuka
Tomoko Kitamura (b. 1963) is a retired Japanese Professional Wrestler best known for her work in All Japan Womens Pro Wrestling as Lioness Asuka. She debuted in 1980 and made an immediate impact, winning the AJW Junior Title within her first year. She would hold the AJW Singles Title twice. In 1983, she and Chigusa Nagayo formed the Tag Team the Crush Gals, who would be hugely successful, both in terms of titles won and in terms of television ratings. They were 3x AJW WWWA Tag Team Champions, and, long after their initial breakup, they won the GAEA AAAW Tag Team Titles. Asuka also competed for Aja Kong's ARSION, NEO, Jd' and various other promotions. She made her PPV debut in the women's match at Survivor Series 95, where she was on Team Bertha Faye, and was the first one eliminated, courtesy of Alundra Blayze. She was inducted into the AJW Hall of Fame in 1998 and into the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame in 1999.As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
- 10-Minute Retirement: She retired in 1989 but came back in 1994.
- Action Girl: Being a female pro wrestling obviously calls for it, especially in Zenjo. To be a Zenjo breakout is extra special.
- Awesome McCool Name: In the Puro/Joshi tradition of "Kill You My Last Name".
- Badass Long Coat: Her entrance attire.
- Breakup Breakout: Averted. Nagayo found success on her own until she was forced into "retirement."
- Captain Ersatz: The Crash Gals were too good for Fire Pro Wrestling to pass up.
- Finishing Move: K Driller, LSD II, LSD III, Towerhacker Bomb
- Leotard of Power: Usually striped, had plenty enough to keep it interesting.
- Power Stable:
- Super Star Unit
- Dead Or Alive
- Raideen Array (sometimes referred to as Raijin Corps)
- Moudou Kai
- Queen Of Beasts: She's called Lioness, after all.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Nagayo's Red. She even dressed the part.
- Teen Genius: Debuted at age 16 and claimed gold from what was the top women's promotion on the planet in her rookie year.
- Trope 2000: When she and Nagayo reformed their team in the year 2000, they changed the team's name to Crush 2000.
- We Used to Be Friends: She and Nagayo had a huge feud after they split as a team.