Doing her trademark dance
Tenille Dashwood (born 1 March 1989) is an Australian professional wrestler who debuted for the Professional Wrestling Alliance in Melbourne as Valentine
. After three years in Australia she would be invited to the USA to wrestle for SHIMMER
, which she would do as Tenille Tayla
. Tenille also went up North to Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling and became a two time NWA
SuperGirl's title holder. She also made stops in Manitoba's Steeltown Pro Wrestling and Wrestling Fan Xperience.
After concluding a tour with a different PWA in Canada, the Prairie Wrestling Alliance, Tenille signed to WWE
, where she became known on its main roster and in its developmental territory NXT
More on Emma at The Other Wiki
- Aborted Arc:
- The teased love angle with Santino Marella and their feud with Fandango and Summer Rae were both quietly dropped without any real resolution one way or the other.
- She and Paige made a couple of Instagram videos that seemed to imply that Emma had her eyes on not just becoming Divas Champion, but also on becoming Paige (stealing her jacket, using her catchphrase, putting on a black wig and mimicking Paige's signature roar). After Emma got arrested, released and rehired, the arc seems to have been dropped.
- Adorkable: Oh dear lord yes. More so on NXT than on Raw or Smack Down!
- Almost Kiss: With Santino Marella until Fandango kicked him in the head.
- Arch-Enemy: Summer Rae hates her. Depicted mostly in NXT, though the feud between the team of Emma and Santino and the team of Summer and Fandango on the main roster counts as a Mythology Gag, considering the women's history with each other.
- Ascended Meme: A fan with a bubble gun blew bubbles at Emma during one of her entrances. Fast forward a few weeks and she's now using a bubble gun of her own, bubbles are incorporated into her entrance and animations of them even appear in her entrance video.
- Big Damn Heroes: When Summer Rae, Charlotte, and Sasha Banks started beating the crap out of Bayley on NXT, Emma and Paige stormed the ring and chased them off.
- Blunt "Yes": At one point during their match together on the August 14, 2014 edition of Superstars!, Emma flustered Alicia Fox by executing a two-step move that landed Fox on her ass. Fox crawled out of the ring and screeched out "You don't embarrass me!" Emma's response was a straightforward "I just did."
- Catch Phrase: Oh boy... Emmalution, Emmatainment, Emmalicious, Empressive... Lampshaded once by William Regal on commentary, asking if Tom Phillips expected a royalty cheque every time he attached 'Emma' onto a word.
- The Chew Toy: Spent two NXT matches as a heel, but fans found her gimmick endearing and she quickly became a face.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander:
- Cool Teacher: Had one — and so another pupil of the technical wizard lands on the WWE's active roster.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Outside of the ring, she's apparently been responsible for accidentally injuring Santino Marella (in kayfabe, of course), but he still loves her.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Eh, she comes from a somewhat arid land and is in a business that encourages tanning, so probably a Justified Trope.
- Determinator: In real life. Tenille dislocated a shoulder during a ring drill and popped it back in a few minutes later. The relevant part of the video starts here.
- Distaff Counterpart: Not Emma herself, but after being paired with Santino, she wound up incorporating his Cobra into her arsenal, complete with a bright pink Cobra-esque puppet named Ven-Emma.
- The Ditz: She would frequently injure Santino while trying to show him her gratitude or some affection.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Subverted, as announcers would specifically call attention to her Once an Episode appearances on main programming and say she was from NXT; therefore viewers with any sort of knowledge of how things work in a wrestling promotion would know she was debuting soon. This culminated in a segment where Santino Marella called her out of the crowd and into the ring.
- Eye Scream: Summer once threw bubble solution in her eyes as revenge after Emma won a match against her.
- Five Moves of Doom: Dil-Emma (a tarantula), Emmamite Sandwich (a crossbody to an opponent seated at the bottom turnbuckle), catapult into the Emma Lock (a Muta Lock).
- Gamebreaking Injury: Spent 2006 and 2007 as a member of the Professional Wrestling Alliance's ring crew do to a shoulder injury putting a break on her wrestling.
- Genki Girl: Really gives off this vibe.
- Happy Dance / Victory Pose: The official WWE profile page for Emma quotes Emma as saying that the Emma Dance is her "victory dance" that she does "to celebrate the fact that I am, indeed, a winner."
- I Shall Taunt You: The girl spends half of her in-ring time doing the Emma Dance.
- Land Down Under: She is the first-ever Australian Diva.
- Lovely Angels: Tenille Tayla with fellow Aussie in a foreign land Jessie McKay.
- Odd Friendship: With Paige, off and on.
- Pungeon Master:
- One of Tenille's signature moves was a Yakuza kick she called "Tayla Made."
- Emma has given pun after pun after pun off her name. See Catch Phrase.
- One of her moves is named the Emmamite Sandwich, a nod to Vegemite - a popular sandwich filling in Australia. Emma herself is a huge fan of it.
- The Rival: Frequently opposes the Canadian Ninjas Portia Perez and Nicole Matthews. Tenille and Matthews have had some periods of cooperation though. Tenille and Veronika Vice feuded over the SuperGirls title throughout Canada but worked together when they were booked as a team by the Prairie Wrestling Alliance.
- Role Ending Misdemeanor: After an incident in which she was arrested for shoplifting an iPad case, she was released... then, after more facts came out (allegedly, she was using a self-checkout lane and just forgot to scan the item) and/or when WWE realized how ridiculous this would look in comparison to some of their other disciplinary actions, they recanted her release. That said, she was taken off main roster TV straightaway (it didn't help that her onscreen partner was forced to retire suddenly not long after that) and eventually ended up back on NXT.
- UST: With Santino Marella. Given that he has since retired from in-ring activity, it is likely to stay unresolved.
- Womanchild: Most definitely.