Doing her trademark danceTenille Dashwood
(born 1 March 1989) is an Australian professional wrestler. She is signed to WWE
, where she performs on the main roster and in its developmental territory NXT
, under the ring name Emma
. She is also known for her work in SHIMMER
and Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling where she wrestled under the name Tenille Tayla
More on Emma at The Other Wiki
Tropes associated with Emma:
- Adorkable: Oh dear lord yes. More so on NXT then on Raw or Smackdown.
- Almost Kiss: With Santino Marella until Fandango kicked him in the head.
- Arch-Enemy: Summer Rae hates her.
- Ascended Meme: A fan with a bubble gun blew bubbles at Emma during one of her entrances. Fast forward a few weeks and she's now using a bubble gun of her own, bubbles are incorporated into her entrance and animations of them even appear in her entrance video.
- Catch Phrase: Oh boy...
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Cool Teacher: And another pupil of the technical wizard lands on the WWE's active roster.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Outside of the ring, she's apparently been responsible for accidentally injuring Santino Marella, but he still loves her.
- Dance Battler: The girl spends half of her in-ring time doing the Emma Dance.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Eh, she comes from a sort of arid land and is in a business that encourages tanning.
- Determinator: Dislocated a shoulder during a ring drill and popped it back in a few minutes later.
- Distaff Counterpart: Not Emma herself, but after being paired with Santino she wound up incorporating his Cobra into her arsenal, complete with a bright pink Cobra-esque puppet named Ven-Emma.
- The Ditz
- Early-Bird Cameo: Subverted, as announcers would specifically call attention to her Once an Episode appearances on main programming and say she was from NXT; therefore viewers with any sort of knowledge of how things work in a wrestling promotion would know she was debuting soon. This culminated in a segment where Santino Marella called her out of the crowd and into the ring.
- Eye Scream: Summer once threw bubble solution in her eyes as revenge after Emma won a match against her.
- Five Moves of Doom: Dil-Emma (a tarantula), Emmamite Sandwich (a crossbody to an opponent seated at the bottom turnbuckle), catapult into the Emma Lock (a Muta Lock).
- Genki Girl: Really gives off this vibe.
- Land Down Under: The first ever Australian Diva.
- Odd Friendship: With Paige, off and on.
- Pungeon Master: Pun after pun after pun off her name. See Catch Phrase.
- Shout-Out: One of her moves is named the Emmamite Sandwich, a nod to Vegemite - a popular sandwich filling in Australia. Emma herself is a huge fan of it.
- Womanchild: Most definitely.