Bryan Emmeth Clarke
(b. 1964) is a retired American Professional Wrestler
from Harrisburg, PA best known for his work in WWE
from 1993-1995 as Adam Bomb
and in WCW
from 1997-2001 either as Wrath
during the Mortal Kombat
-inspired Blood Runs Cold storyline or under his own name as a member of the Tag Team
Kronik with Bryan Adams. He started his career in 1990 in the dying days of the AWA
as The Nightstalker
, and also competed for WCW, SMW
and the USWA in Memphis under that name. While competing as the Nightstalker, he made his PPV debut in the "Lethal Lottery" tournament at WCW Starrcade 91
teamed with Rick Steiner in a losing effort against Big Van Vader
and Mr. Hughes. While Glacier
was based on Sub-Zero and Mortis
was a combination of Scorpion and Reptile, Wrath bore similarities to Shao Khan. He also competed for All Japan Pro Wrestling
, and finished his career there in 2003. He is a 1x SMW "Beat the Champ" Television Champion
as the Nightstalker and a 2x WCW World Tag Team Champion
and a 1x All Japan Pro Wrestling World Tag Team Champion
as a member of Kronik.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
- Alternate Company Equivalent: Vince Russo tried turning Kronik into WCW's version of the APA.
- Arch-Enemy: (as the Nightstalker in SMW): Originally, Brian Lee, then his mentor Kevin Sullivan; (in WWE): Earthquake, Dr. Harvey Wippleman (post-face turn), Kwang, Bam Bam Bigelow; (in WCW): Glacier, Ernest "The Cat Miller, the Natural Born Thrillers, Goldberg
- An Axe to Grind: Carried one around as the Nightstalker.
- Bash Brothers: with Mortis, Bryan Adams, Bam Bam Bigelow
- The Big Guy/The Brute: 6'4, and usually around 280 lbs. or so.
- Cool Helmet: Wore one to the ring as Wrath.
- Demoted to Extra: In 1995 WWE, and at various points while in WCW.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Mortis and Wrath were called manager James Vandenberg's "rare oddities."
- Fan Community Nickname: As a Face, Bomb referred to his fans as "The Bomb Squad," officially introducing the name on the September 18 (taped August 16), 1994 WWF Superstars.
- Finishing Move: (as Adam Bomb): the Atom Smasher (originally a regular powerbomb, he had to change it to a pumphandle version when Diesel started using it as his finisher), the Neutron Bomb (diving clothesline); (as Wrath): Death Penalty ("Rock Bottom", although Wrath's use predates it), Meltdown (pumphandle powerslam).
- Game-Breaking Injury: Suffered a torn ACL in April 1999 and spent a year recovering.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: In WCW in 2000, due to Vince Russo's nonsensical booking style.
- Hijacked by Ganon/Hired Guns:
- Adam Bomb debuted on the May 22 (taped May 4), 1993 WWF Superstars with Johnny Polo as his manager. On the October 11th (taped September 27), 1993 Raw, it was revealed that Dr. Harvey Wippleman was his new manager.
- Steven Richards brought them into WWE in 2001 to attack The Undertaker and Kane as revenge for how Undertaker had accelerated the demise of Right to Censor.note
- I Have Many Names: The Nightstalker, Adam Bomb, Wrath and his own.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: The Nightstalker, Adam Bomb, Wrath.
- Non-Indicative Name: Despite the name, Wrath never seemed that overwhelmingly angry.
- Nuclear Nasty: As Adam Bomb. He was billed from Three Mile Island.
- One Steve Limit: Averted, since both guys in Kronik were named Bryan, and no one even questioned it.
- Parts Unknown: (as the Nightstalker in SMW): "Your Nightmares."
- Penal Colony: Wrath was billed from Devil's Island, which was part of the notorious French penal colony off of the coast of French Guiana. Why he was supposed to have been there was never explained.
- Power Stable: Kronik went from the Millionaires' Club to the New Blood in WCW in 2000. See Heel-Face Revolving Door above.
- Briefly in the Alliance in WWE in 2001.
- Punny Name: "Adam Bomb"
- Real Song Theme Tune: The Nightstalker used KISS's "War Machine" in SMW.
- Squash Match: Found himself on both ends of this. While he'd win some as Adam Bomb, he fell victim when Earthquake flattened him at WrestleMania X. In late 1998, he had something of a streak going until Kevin Nash stopped it en route to his killing Goldberg's streak at Starrcade.
- The Stoner: This was the original idea behind Kronik.
- Tag Team:
- In 1990 NWA/WCW, the Nightstalker was teamed with the Motor City Madman (Mike Moore, no connection to those other guys) and the Big Cat (Curtis "Mr." Hughes).
- with Mortis
- Kronik, with Bryan Adams
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Kronik