World Building: The Vortumbrae
And the light shined in the darkness, but the darkness comprehended it not.
- —John 1:5
- Zoth-Tyngua, the Devouring Shadow: The nominal leader of the Black Triumvirate, this enigmatic entity has been glimpsed by mortal eyes only a few times since the Dark Powers emerged from the void. It is said that stars wither and die at his very touch.
- Voormitha, Truth's Demise: The second member of the Black Triumvirate, Yonigoth deals in lies and crimes. In his skilled hands, the truth becomes malleable as a lump of clay, to be reshaped at his whim.
- Ykraddil, Bringer of Decay: The third and final member of the Black Triumvirate. She manifests as a chill wind which howls in the rotting ruins of once-thriving worlds. Where she goes, life cannot be.
- Nil-Cthadrakh, The Fear-Walker: This Vortumbrae is the one most commonly seen by lesser beings. He is their messenger, and no planet he sets foot on lives long for its inhabitants to tell the tale.
- Ftholyeha, Hope's End: Little is known about this Vortumbrae, save only that it is immensely powerful, perhaps even more so than Zoth-Tyngua. It is believed that Ftholyeha is able to completely eradicate entire solar systems in moments.