World Building: Logilo
Note: written in a neutral perspective The Logilo were an ancient people. Though they had first awoken in the First Era, it was not until the Second Era when they began to assert themselves as a species. In physical appearance, the Logilo were small and thin. The tallest ever recorded, Liatalin the King, was only 35 tinlias (5 feet). They were thin and wiry, with large eyes. Their eyes suited them well for the underground climate in which they lived. The Logilo's eyes glowed yellow and allowed them to see well in the dark, though they were easily blinded in the light. Their hands and feet were long, dexterous, and grasping. They generally had little hair on their heads, and the little they had was usually almost pure white. Edit by a different person: Logilo were excellent at the art of tunnel-constructing, and some few were talented in other arts of construction, with two, twins Liarlo the Strong and Kaia the Lovely, even becoming well-versed mages who developed a spell for Logilo magic-wielders to protect themselves from light without physical aid by use of a numen-stone to form an equivalent of a large parasol to protect multiple Logilo. Logilo are occasionally found roving in bands outside their outposts and tunnels, availible in low-lit locations as bards or occasional merchants and mercenaries for their speed. Their defensive forces usually consisted of small squads that were made of archers with specially crafted combat knives (after the Daines military firearms change they adopted special-size weaponry) spy-type smiths who were there as medical and sometimes light magical support, and a unit commander with weapons of their choice. Capital City Of Logilar Logilo are somewhat strange to outsiders in the sense that that they are unusually united as a species into an effective Logilo nation, similar to original Starborn but without the collective conscience. The 'capital' of the Logilo is the island of Mount Logilar, nearly as big as the Starborn city of Luminosse, named after the Logilo who made it their largest town, between the three major continents with an extensive cluster of islands around it. It is one of the few well-maintained fairly-accessible path nexuses other than the Great Fault which allows passage between the Interior and the outside of Getae, corresponding to a large, mostly dark cavern where most of the city of Logilar and almost all of its sub-islands is located. With a large fleet of navy ships, the first metalclad of their kind later adopted by many costal empires, known as the Tialis Galley which is a medium-size vessel that is decently armed against pirates, the Logilo travel by river between their many outposts throughout the many empires in the land, so a Logilo family touring a human or Starborn city is not uncommon. They also have magically-enhanced gliders, curiously enough due to their underground natures, which are only about capable of going across the island from the Great Tower above the top of cloudy Mount Logilar to the furthest island in the cluster and back before the energy must be recharged. Why exactly it is so cloudy is because clouds were attracted by a reason which is due to accidental virtue of a whole house of untrained mages losing concentration and releasing a massive parasol spell that was later harnessed by an exceptionally large jewel of numen being chanted over by a circle of ten mages of human, Starborn, and Logilo peoples each was able to modify it so any being inside the city would be able to control their light perception of the area. This makes even the dark Interior side of the city easily visible to outsiders. Logilo are usually quite adept at magic, even non-mages usually knowing a concentration exercise and a one-person variant of the parasol spell, along with how magic works as known to the peoples of Getae. Legal System The Logilo are ruled by a Council and a royal family, five noble family heads, one of which is elected by the Council as a whole to become the elected Royal for ten years and impeached if necessary by the Council, due to a long civil war in which the royal family divided into four noble houses and a civil service becoming the fifth, usually intermarrying to cement anti-civil-war work, and fifty elected officals. Below the council are around twenty thousand magistrates throughout the entire Logilo major empire, with a Logilo settlement getting a magistrate when over five hundred Logilo are in a settlement, and more being applied at government choice or civilian petition, with Logilar with over seven hundred magistrates between different districts who serve as judges and are leaders of the Logilar police, fire department, utilities and other departments, and militia. Sub-magistrate offices differ from magistrate to magistrate but most have at least a deputy magistrate who serves until someone is elected if the magistrate is unable to do their duties or is impeached. Logilo trials take a whole day. Juries are twenty supposedly unbiased Logilo and a magistrate or sub-magistrate judge who usually wasn't involved in the capture of the criminal or the dispute in question, with the plantiff and defendant both with lawyers no matter the dispute. Military Notes Logilo don't usually tend to get into large-scale wars or even civilian disputes, and have long stood as a beacon of peace and a good place to dump unwanted population, but when they do engage in war, their expert tunnelers decimate fortifications, their glider mages attack from above (and after the Daines firearm change, began to construct larger magic/physical fuel hybrid planes with a pre-installed parasol spell with a gunner co-piloting with a mage to operate the magical component derived from small forcibly grown (using modified Starborn techniques) numen jewels.), and their ground forces carrying shields, with lead field commanders using rare magically imbued shields which can cast a weak, small protective forcefield around the commander and a few others no matter the magical abilities of the commander. The Logilo warriors are so effecient they even managed to (after contacting the Council for an extremely massive military support) hold a large, heavily defended human city with a Starborn leader visiting during a massive, six month-long siege by a full war host of Deepspawn. It was so momentous the Warring Moon of the Lunarians was said to have appeared every night for six months a year before the siege, shining amazingly brightly for the whole time. The Logilo military offensive squads are organized similar to Daines.
- Star. Professional knights of the Logilo, usually the defenders of the Logilo islands. Spreads into all branches and generals of other groups are considered this category.
- Cavern. Tunneler division. Used only in military ventures, but are highly trained.
- Sky. Mostly equivalent to an air force, consisting of a medium number of mages not in the Star or Titan divisions, as well as pilot gunners.
- Forest. The main branch of the Logilo military, similar to the defensive squads but in larger numbers, includes all military not in any other branch.
- Plains. Scout branch. Light arms and armor, but are some of the fastest Logilo around.
- Jungle. Cavalry and snipers or long-distance gunners or archers not in the Forest division.
- Sea. Navy force, mostly Tialis galleys, a few large seacraft, a few prototype submarines, and around three carriers with around three of the glider planes each.
- Titan. Largely mages assigned defensive posts on large towns, but one or two will travel with an average war party. Also includes support teams of Logilo similar to the utility members of defensive squads, one of which will usually travel with almost every war party.
- Mountain. Artillery-focused large teams with one or two defensive squad equivalents. After independent intelligent Collosi invented robotics technology and mechas, the Logilo adopted these in this branch.
- Shield. The branch in which every defensive team of a city is counted in. Defensive-position mages or other base forces, even in other branches, are counted among this branch in additon to their current one.
- Night. The spy/utility branch of the Logilo military. Includes a large number of utility squad-equivalents and mages. Heavily used for reconassiance and exploration.
- Storm. Special operations, a subclass of the Stars and Night branches but including members of every branch. Also skilled diplomats and generals/Logilo-Knights work in this branch category.
- Illuminator. The sub-branch of Storm that is the R&D team that happens to be the best government-founded research and development buisness in Logilar, drawing many to witness the marvels of work they create.