TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
World Building: Diaspora The Scattering
Diaspora: The Scattering
to be a Web Comic
. But, the Author realized that he can't draw worth shit. He is currently re-working it as a Tabletop RPG
. Title needs work. Has nothing to do with the Post Cyber Punk
Diaspora is set on an earth-parallell world known as Second. Humans came there after fleeing a Class One Apocalypse
, and were given samples of an experimental Retrovirus
made from Human DNA, known as the "Evolutionary Accellerant". Second was a world where the two main sentient species were Elves
, who enjoyed a connection with the world's natural Magic, and Verdammt
, who slept the millenia away in their crypts in thje center of the continent. The elves demanded that the humans, who had recently landed, leave. Humans responded by releasing the Evolutionary Accelerant, and enslaving the Uplifted Animals
this created. Crushed beneath sheer weight of numbers, the long-lived but low-virilty
Elves, they were forced to surrender. Humans, secure in their dominance, began to mine their new home. They uncovered a large ammount of Power Crystals
that allowed them to perform magic
. Now, after several thousand years, strange things are happening. Strange, shadowy armies destroy entire towns, and a patch of land on the border between the three factions is devastated by a column of fire...
- Humans: Everyday humans with a penchant for Bio-Augmentation. Has an Empire, composed of several clan-like Houses (Von Harkonnen, Von Krosp, a few others and the non-affiliated Freeholders; who owe loyalty to the emperor himself and none other), a merchant guild, and a rebel group whom developed by learning to get along with the natives.
- Zoomorphs: Furries (but don't call them that to their faces, you'll regret it) with a deep caste structure based on cunning and strength (Felinoids are by-and-large, theones running things). Genetically engineered as cannon fodder.
- Verdammt: Vampires who cannot die outside of their homeland. Invariably equipped in Gas Mask, Longcoat, and armed with weapons that are best described with words like "Nightmarish" and "Horrific". Males develop into huge bat-men known as "Chupwracks" and females drop their legs and grow hollow tongues. They are known as "Manarians" (those well-versed in vamp lore will know the author really meant "Mannangaal", he was going to use "Aswang" but that is like using "cock" for "rooster," it only invites trouble). Their native language is very close to terran germanic. Never seen without gasmasks and trenchcoats.
- Elves: Pointy-eared immortals with a penchant for magic. Patriarchal, due to the fact that they produce only one male for every 100 females.
- Terrans: Evolved humans from Earth That Was, adapted for high-radiation environments. Not being irradiated causes their immune system to stop, and so they rot. Strong sense of Justice, often cooking up horrible punishments for murderers, kidnappers, Necromancers, and rapists.