Tropers Online: 2,609
[ Login for more options ]
Woobie Destroyer Of Worlds: Theatre
- + Create New
- Erik from The Phantom of the Opera
- The titular character of Stephen Sondheim's Sweeney Todd, after being sent to a penal colony for fifteen years on a trumped-up charge, returned home to find that his wife had poisoned herself (though contrary to what Mrs. Lovett would have him believe, she's still alive) and his daughter was adopted by the man responsible for his suffering, and, failing in his big attempt at revenge, finally goes Ax-Crazy and becomes this at the end of Act One.
- The theatrical version of Wicked.
- Seymour Krelborn, the protagonist of Little Shop of Horrors.
- From the same musical, Audrey applies even moreso. Not because she contributed more to the destruction of the world, but because she's even more of a Woobie. Her dying words made humanity's salvation impossible - entirely by accident.
- Vince in the third act of Buried Child.
- J.D. from the film version of Heathers. He's still a Bomb Throwing Anarchist Serial Killer, but how he got that way is expounded upon (for one, his obsession with bombs comes from how his mother committed suicide...in front of him..). What really sells it, though, is that he's aware how crazy he is, even to the point where his Heroic Sacrifice is motivated by allowing a different, more heroic person to live.