* Watch the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGymr78FtbU Abilify ad]] and you'll find yourself wanting to cuddle the little depression monster black-hole thing.
** Ditto for the [[http://youtu.be/ioY0vUijswU Zoloft blob.]]
* The [[PolarBearsAndPenguins polar bear]] in the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNeEVkhTutY Nissan Leaf commercial]]. The poor guy (or, possibly, girl) walks all the way from [[GrimUpNorth the arctic]] to [[SubUrbia the suburbs]] to give a man a hug for purchasing a Nissan Leaf and, as the ad implies, [[FridgeLogic saving earth's polar ice caps from melting]].
* The Trix Rabbit. You got to feel bad for a rabbit that has had to put with years of selfish kids who won't let him have his Trix because "Trix Are For Kids."
** When a poll was taken to see if the Trix Rabbit should get the Trix, it was almost unanimously agreed that he should. Also, there's several commercials that seem to go out of their way to make the kids look like jerks (one having the Rabbit actually buy a box ''with his own money'' and the kids ''steal it from him'' because "Trix are for kids")
** Creator/SethMacFarlane [[note]]The guy whose shows are known for [[CrossesTheLineTwice Crossing the Line Twice]] (or sometimes [[DudeNotFunny once]])[[/note]] says this was why he did the ''WesternAnimation/FamilyGuy'' "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl_Ocg1Eoko Asian Trix]]" parody.
* PC in the Mac vs. PC commercials. If you're thinking of the commercials in a plot-based kind of way, he seems to have gotten progressively desperate. One can only guess that he'll end the commercial runs [[Manga/LuckyStar Lucky Channel]]-style.
* The various rejected cleaning supplies in the Swiffer commercials.
* The pea in the old Batchelor's advert (UK), made to think about the old days on the farm, in the pod with all his friends, etc. The result? His own tears turn it to mush.
* "Nobody ever pays me in gum!" Complete with "Aww..." from the other characters in the commercial.
* The Geico commercial where the DrillSergeantNasty is a therapist. Can you blame his client for being tearful in the end?
* The numerous dogs, cats, and other animals in the various animal charity commercials (the achingly sad music doesn't help). It's a toss-up as to which one will make you cry the most, but the "I know that I am a good dog" line in the Pedigree commercial will never fail to choke you up.
** It seems like they keep on trying to make sadder and sadder commercials every-time they make one, especially the ASPCA. It hurts even more if you watch Series/AnimalPlanetHeroes.
* The little, broken-hearted lamp sitting on the curb in the IKEA commercial that everyone feels so sorry for. Lampshaded (pun intended) by some guy coming in and saying the lamp has no feelings and asking why we feel bad about him.
** If you've seen ''WesternAnimation/TheBraveLittleToaster'' it's even more heart-wrenching.
** There isn't even anything wrong with the lamp, it still works. Why throw it away?
* The Quit Smoking ad with the young boy losing his mother in the busy public place. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAirUswrNFo Poor little boy]]...
* PlayedForLaughs in [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1hdWb8yBM this ad]] with a rooster crowing in the middle of the night, and the lady is annoyed, and makes it leave. Then you see it wandering in the streets, looking pitiful, crowing at a few doors, and it's raining. After a few scenes, it wanders off into the cold darkness. On the bright side, though, the rooster shows up in the end with her coworker, who looks on in sympathy, in the cubicle next to her.
* The kids in the Jell-O Temptations pudding commercials, who are jump-scared, terrified, abandoned, and forced in child slavery by their [[AbusiveParent parents]] for eating the pudding.
* The woman in [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN5vWuapbFQ this commercial for Jamster]]. Say how many of you feel sorry for her when her husband-to-be left her at the altar.
* The kid in the NSPCC "Cartoon Boy" advert, who is repeatedly thrown across the house, used as an ashtray, and is thrown down the stairs by his own father.
* The little salt shaker, and his friend the pepper shaker, from the Sidekicks ads. When they start crying, it's a big TearJerker
* PlayedForLaughs (albeit [[BlackComedy dark laughs]] with The Pepsi Next commercial where it shows a mother fawning over her baby...until the father brings home the soda (marketed as having 60% less sugar than regular Pepsi but having the same taste) and they start fawning over it over their own child who's trying to get their attention by doing amazing things like dancing, playing guitar etc. You're gonna feel very sorry for him.
* Mr. Whipple, who [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHhzyh9kCg never stopped]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60YhksZUhaY trying]] to keep customers from squeezing the Charmin.
** It did not help that he had a weakness for doing the same.
* [[http://youtu.be/LP5WB6OXv1g This little gem]] features an old, run-down anthropomorphic red bus who is constantly shunned by his [[UnfortunateImplications modern white cousins]], forced to sleep by a garbage container instead of a spot on the parking lot, written on ("DIRTBAG"), despised by adults and minors alike. He finally has enough of his bad luck and decides to commit suicide by hopping into a junkyard crusher. His change of heart just seconds before being crushed and a save by a butterfly make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside... [[spoiler:And then the crusher operator flips the switch again, killing him. The narrator tells us to "show no mercy to obsolete and decrepit vehicles", while we are shown a metallic red cube circled by the aforementioned butterfly. Just to drive the point home - or perhaps to [[KickTheDog ridicule the dead protagonist further]] - the arrow which was stuck in the rear of the bus through the whole video is still sticking out of the cube.]]
** The ad, fittingly titled ''The Sad Bus'', was funded by the Polish Ministry of Interior. It advertises an online bus verification system which supposedly lets you check the technical info and condition of any bus in the country. [[spoiler:Most viewers failed to absorb this information, since they were still emotionally reeling from the punchline.]]
* Surprisingly played for laughs in [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5urxHsv1Qc this]] Hey You Pikachu ad. You can't help but feel sorry for that poor dog who got fat, walks himself, and is starved for attention. Looking for love here!
* The Eggo Waf-full commercials. These are the [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHCK04ti_aM strawberry]] and [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRJ6BicCetQ blueberry]] commercials. In both stories, the fillings are just minding their own business, living their lives (strawberry is just listening to music and blueberry is coming out of his house with his cat to feed his birds) and then a waffle attacks and [[EatenAlive both are swallowed whole]] in each story. Just to be clear, these fillings are just living their daily routines and appear as alive as any human and they're clearly horrified when the waffles attack. It's a miracle the apple-cinnamon commercial never happened.