Pirate Goomba is a Pirate Goomba.
I founded this forum
Part of the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance (NIWA) and popular fansite for all things Super Mario Bros.
., the Super Mario Wiki is, well, a Mario
encyclopedia. It currently hosts over 12,000+ articles and an extremely popular forum
, a place where sprite comics
thrive. Also famous for hosting The Three Mushketeers
The wiki was founded in 2005
by Porplemontage, and has over 1,000 users, some great, some not-so-great.
The Super Mario Wiki contains examples of:
- Conversation in the Main Page: Strongly discouraged, but happens.
- Cowboy Bebop at His Computer: As it's a wiki, it is expected.
- Department of Redundancy Department: The source of some jokes.
- Drive-By Updater: Can happen.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: Check the earliest version of the Mario page. Faint.
- Edit War: It's a wiki. Why wouldn't it happen?
- Encyclopedia Exposita
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Fancruft: Plagues the wiki and is heavily discouraged. Example - see these versions of the Shadow Queen and Tabuu pages.
- Great Big Book of Everything: Everything Mario, at least.
- Law of Wiki Expansion: The Wiki covers basic info on the Super Smash Bros.. series, and full info on the Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island, and Wario Land series, plus others.
- Locked Pages: Generally works like Wikipedia's system.
- Running Gag: Loads and loads of them, some notable ones being the Pirate Goomba mentioned above and cheese.
- Serious Business: Sadly. A tad bit more loose than others, at least.
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Wiki Magic
- Wikipedia Syntaxer
- Wiki Walk
- Wiki Vandal: Many, some even (in)famous for their insane antics.