: Basically every single episode has at least one dose of wham in it, the whole series is practically built on it, and some episodes take it to almost absurd, shocking levels.
UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD.
- "5:00 - 6:00 a.m.": After several episodes helping Teri Bauer track down her daughter Kim and his daughter, Janet York, "Alan York" (Kevin Carroll using an alias) goes to Janet's room and smothers her to death.
- :6:00 - 7:00 a.m.": Teri realizes that "Kevin" isn't who he seems and manages to not only fight him off, but restrain him. Unfortunately, when she calls CTU, she winds up getting answered by Ira Gaines' mole, Jamey Farrell, who sends her location to more of Gaines' men so they can capture her.
- "7:00 - 8:00 p.m.": Victor Drazen is not only not dead, but he's the high-value prisoner Andre is trying to rescue - and he's played by an uncredited Dennis Hopper.
- "11:00 p.m - 12:00 a.m.": Jack, thinking his daughter is dead, goes on a rampage and kills Victor and Andre Drazen. He later learns that Nina Myers killed Jamey Farrell, and after stopping her escape from CTU, discovers that she shot and killed Jack's wife, Teri.
- "10:00 - 11:00 a.m.": Jack goes undercover with a terrorist cell to bomb CTU, and simultaneously attempts to warn everyone about the attack without breaking his cover. He fails, and it's utterly demolished resulting in several casualties. Oh, and current CTU Director George Mason gets infected with a lethal dose of radiation poisoning and now has less than a day to live.
- "3:00 - 4:00 a.m.": After a full hour of attempting to stop Stephen Saunders from releasing the Cordilla Virus, a CTU team sent to recover it inside a hotel fail to prevent it from going off, infecting everyone inside.
- "6:00 - 7:00 a.m.": After an hour of "will he, won't he", Jack executes CTU Director Ryan Chapelle in a trainyard.
- "7:00 - 8:00 a.m.": Jack's boss The Secretary of Defense and his daughter are kidnapped.
- "10:00 - 11 p.m.": A terrorist steals a stealth fighter and uses it to shoot down Air Force One.
- "2:00 - 3:00 a.m.": CTU abducts an associate of Marwan from the Chinese consulate, but he is shot. To save his life, Jack forces a doctor to treat him instead of Paul Raines, resulting in his death. The Chinese consul was also killed in the crossfire and this would have dire consequences in the next 2 seasons.
- "7:00 - 8:00 a.m.": A group of assassins succeed in killing former President David Palmer and Michelle Dessler, seriously injure Tony Almeida, and almost kill Chloe before Jack heads back into the field to rescue her. Notable in that the fatalities occur before the first commercial break.
- "6:00 - 7:00 p.m.": A terrorist succeeds in activating a nerve gas canister in CTU, killing off most of the personnel inside the building (including Edgar Stiles, who collapses and dies as Chloe, Jack and Kim watch).
- "7:00 - 8:00 p.m.": Lynn McGill goes out in a Heroic Sacrifice to ventilate the nerve gas from CTU, while Tony Almeida "dies" after unsuccessfully trying to kill Christopher Henderson.
- "10:00 - 11:00 p.m.": The terrorist attacks were caused by a chain of events planned by Charles Logan, the President of the United States, and he is now covering his tracks.
- "9:00 - 10:00 a.m.": Jack is forced to fatally shoot Curtis Manning in order to save Hamri Al-Assad's life. Then, after he calls Bill Buchanan and tells him he's out of CTU for good, a nuclear bomb detonates in Valencia, California, killing tens of thousands - and there are four more devices just like it.
- "10:00 - 11:00 p.m.": Tony and Jack attempt to infiltrate and recover the Starkwood pathogen from where it's being shipped. Everything goes to hell: Tony is captured, and Jack fails to keep the pathogen from being recovered by Starkwood... while being infected with it in the process.
- "1:00 - 2:00 a.m.": After chasing a fleeing Starkwood operative, Larry Moss learns that Tony Almeida (who was helping chase the operative down) is actually in league with the enemy - just before Tony smothers Moss to death.
Day 9/Live Another Day
- "7:00 - 8:00 a.m.": The "live feed" of President Hassan's torture and planned execution was pre-taped, and he's already dead.
- "8:00 - 9:00 a.m.": Just after consummating his relationship with her, Renee Walker is shot by an assassin, and eventually bleeds out before doctors can save her.
- "9:00 - 10:00 a.m.": Jack wants to go after the Russians now that he knows they're the true ones responsible for Hassan's murder, and in turn Renee's as well. And then President Allison Taylor meets Jack in person and it's revealed that she's sided with Charles Logan to protect the Russians and in turn the peace treaty she wants signed and orders Jack to stand down. Jack takes it really well, resulting in him going against his own country in order to get the perpetrators.
- "10:00 - 11:00 a.m.": Chloe, the one person who up to this point has always been on Jack's side gets increasingly worried about his behavior and betrays him by setting him up for capture, hammering in that this time Jack really is on his own.
- "11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.": After interrogating her for the whereabouts of a data chip, Jack shoots Dana Walsh in cold blood and walks off, thus cementing the fact that he's past the point of no return.
- "12:00 - 1:00 p.m.": Jack's morals continue to slide when he intentionally endangers an innocent person to get to Renee's killer, whom he brutally tortures and executes. And then he winds up discovering that Logan is in on the conspiracy.
- "1:00 - 2:00 p.m.": Jack dons heavy armor and assaults Logan's convoy and Novakovich's safehouse by himself, which Chloe and Cole view as an act so reckless to everyone around him that Chloe reluctantly gives Cole the go ahead to take Jack out if they can't find any other way to stop him, and all the while it's revealed that Logan and Russian President Yuri Suvarov are collaborating to end President Taylor's treaty.
- "3:00 - 4:00 p.m.": Chloe gets Jack to stop his assassination attempt, but he's then captured by CTU in the process. Jack is set up for execution by Charles Logan, and when President Taylor realizes how far she's fallen and tries to put a stop to things, Charles Logan attempts suicide so the knowledge of Jack's location will die with him. Eventually, Jack is saved, but Taylor informs him that he'll still be facing charges for international terrorism, so he's forced to go on the run, leaving his family and friends behind. He calls Chloe to say goodbye and thank her for the support she gave him throughout the years, then hangs up and limps away, bloody and beaten. Meanwhile, Taylor prepares to resign from office, ashamed that Logan was able to corrupt her so thoroughly
- "Chloe's Arrest": In the added feature on the Season 8 DVD, it was revealed that Chloe was arrested in front of her husband and son for helping Jack.
- "6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.": President Heller finally surrenders himself to Margot Al-Harazi to stop the drone attacks and then she blows him up with one of said drones.
- "7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.": ...only to find out that Heller wasn't actually blown up.
- In the same episode, Jack storms Margot's base of operations, redirects a missile inbound for the Waterloo Station to blow up in the ocean, and throws Margot and Ian Al-Harazi out the window. Meanwhile, the death of CIA analyst Jordan Reed is traced back to rogue director Steve Navarro, leading Jack to chase after him as he makes a break for it. And Navarro's attempting to meet up with his contact Adrian Cross, who has Chloe with him, completely unaware of his treachery.
- "8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.": Cheng Zhi is back. The man who once tortured Jack for nearly two years has escaped imprisonment and wants revenge on both China and the United States. Cheng kills Adrian, uses the stolen drone override device to patch into a U.S. nuclear sub, and gives them falsified orders to attack a Chinese battleship, an attack that winds up being successful.
- "10:00 p.m. – 11:00 a.m.": Audrey is killed, which throws Jack into an Unstoppable Rage as he plows straight through Cheng Zhi's minions to get to him, and beats him to the brink of death, gets him to reveal himself to the CIA, and decapitates him. Afterwards, Jack turns himself over to the Russians in exchange for Chloe.
- "Solitary": In the added feature on the Live Another Day DVD, Tony is given plans to escape his incarceration by a mysterious organization, and although we never see who is in charge of it he clearly has George Mason's voice.