Willa's Wild Life is a French/Canadian/American animated television series that first aired on ABC 2 in 2008, then on Qubo and Nickelodeon Canada in 2009. The show is based on Dan Yaccarino's book An Octopus Followed Me Home. It is about a 9 year old girl named Willa (Jordan Todosey) who has some very unusual pets. She has, so far, acquired a giraffe, two elephants, an alligator, and many more exotic animals.Willa often finds herself in hilarious situations, and these colorful creatures offer Willa advice and wisdom from each of their respective points of view.The show's motto is, "It's not how smart you are; it's how you are smart."The series celebrates the concept of multiple intelligences that embraces the notion that every one of us contains a host of different modes and types of intelligence, including musical, spatial and logical.At the end of an episode in the Qubo channel, Willa will narrate the life lessons of what to do, what not to do, and how much important the subject is. It's a bit interested since it doesn't have a E/I sign on the top right corner of the screen.
Willa's Wild Life provides examples of:
- A Girl and her Zoo Animals
- Butt Monkey: Willa's Dad, of course.
- Catch Phrase: Whenever Willa is facing something impossible is: "When there's a Willa, there's a way." She also say "I know, I know," "Oops," and "Dad, I need a hug".
- ''WILLAAAAA!!'' from her dad whenever her animal friends cause trouble. He also say "Willa!" and "No!"
- Comically Missing the Point: In the episode,
- Expository Theme Tune: A real Ear Worm one might add:What would you doIf you had your own zoo?Would you bounce on a bear?Let a giraffe brush your hair?Have an elephant pick out your underwear?WillaWillaWill your wildlife stay and play awhile?Cause it's so much fun playing Willa-styleWillaWillaWilla's Wild Life!Willa: (speaking) Willa's Wild Life!
- Jerk: Gus is rude and obnoxious from time to time...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Gus is this sometimes as well.
- Younger Than They Look: Tiny and Lou are the only young ones of the group. Aside them are the bunnies who can't talk.