Western Animation / Wanda and the Alien
Wanda and the Alien
is a Nick Jr.
show about a rabbit named Wanda, her alien friend Alien
, and their adventures. Alien is able to do magic, but this often causes problems for Wanda and her family.
Wanda and the Alien demonstrates examples of:
- A Dog Named "Dog": Alien's name actually is "Alien", as revealed in one episode where the pair visit Alien's family when Alien is sick.
- A Planet Named Zok: Alien's home planet Quome.
- Casts No Shadow: This happens while Wanda and Alien's shadows are separated from them.
- Came from the Sky: As depicted in the credits, Wanda finds Alien's spacecraft after it crash-lands near by their rabbit hole.
- Descriptiveville: Planet Rabbit, which is Wanda's home planet.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Alien is, well, an alien.
- Expository Theme Song: The theme tune briefly goes over the show's premise - Wanda is friends with everyone, and now she's friends with an alien.
- Extra Eyes: Alien and his family all have four eyes.
- Fictionary: Alien's language is basically English with "Q" substituting the first letter of many of the nouns - for example, "Quoctor" is Doctor.
- Green Thumb: In one episode Alien makes the vines of a pumpkin plant grow rather long.
- Little Green Men: Alien comes from a race of these.
- Living Shadow: In one episode, Alien makes his and Wanda's shadows come to life.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Wanda has twelve siblings. Justified seeing as they are, well, rabbits.
- Meaningful Name: Slowcoach, one of Wanda's brothers, does almost everything rather slowly.
- Mind over Matter: Telekineses is Alien's main speciality.
- Name and Name
- Sufficiently Advanced Alien: Alien can construct and levitatate things by wiggling his fingers and saying "Quey Questo!"
- Title Theme Tune: Everything that's not exposition in the theme tune is repeating the show's title.