Western Animation / Van Helsing: The London Assignment
The London Assignment
is a short animated prequel
to Van Helsing
, both released in 2004.
A string of strange murders are going on in London, and Vatican sends Van Helsing to look in to the matter. He then discovers a fiendish plot by one Dr. Jekyll.
This prequel has examples of:
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: After the underground train crashes, Van Helsing and Friar Carl chase after Mr. Hyde through rather spacious sewer lines.
- Badass Boast:
Mr. Hyde: Who are you?
- Big Bad: Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde.
- Dem Bones: While making their way to Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde's lair through a patch of underground fire, Van Helsing and Friar Carl are attacked by a horde of undead beefeaters.
- Disguised in Drag: Van Helsing makes Friar Carl dress as a woman and hang around London at the night to lure out Mr. Hyde.
- Evil Plan: Dr. Hyde plans to use the souls stolen by him to turn Queen Victoria young again, and then marry her.
- Groin Attack: While disguised as a woman, Friar Carl has to fend off advances from a man by kicking him in the groin.
- Monumental Battle: The hot air balloon that Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde tries to escape with crashes on the London Bridge, where the final battle takes place.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde's lackeys have red glowing eyes.
- Slashed Throat: The story opens with Mr. Hyde cornering his latest victim and slicing her throat open.
- Stalker with a Crush: Dr. Jekyll has been obsessed with Queen Victoria (and convinced that she returns his feelings) since he first saw her on her coronation day.
- Traintop Battle: Soon after discovering Mr. Hyde in the underground train, Van Helsing has to battle him on top of it.
- Your Soul Is Mine: After killing his victims, Mr. Hyde uses a special vial to collect their souls, which are then used to de-age Queen Victoria.