Tupu (a.k.a. Toupou, 2004-2005) is a French/Canadian animated series by Xilam about a girl who lives in Central Park. She is friends with the Mayor's son, Norton Gordon, and has a pet squirrel, Whatsup. She is constantly chased by the park caretaker, Shoobz, who lives with his mom.
Tupu provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Crimes Are Equal: Shoobz seems to treat any infraction in his park as a severe offense, and has no problems yelling at children when they commit it.
- Bare Your Midriff: Tupu always has her belly button showing.
- Cone of Shame: Dandruff the bulldog wears one permanently.
- Does Not Like Shoes/Earthy Barefoot Character: Due to the fact of her being a Squirrel Girl, Tupu virtually never wears shoes, except when it's really cold outside.
- Feral Child: Tupu. Although she's a lot more civil than other examples.
- Friend to All Living Things: Tupu is friends with all the animals in Central Park.
- Heterosexual Life-Partner: Tupu and Norton never show feelings for each other above friendship. Although, it doesn't stop a Ship Tease moment happening every so often.
- My Beloved Smother: Shoobz still lives with his mom, and she has him wrapped around her thumb.
- Rapunzel Hair: Tupu's hair reaches her ankles, and she seems to get offended when someone suggests she cut it.
- Social Services Does Not Exist: How else could a series of a jungle girl that lives in the Zoo work?
- Spoiled Sweet: Despite being the mayor's son, Norton is a nice kid.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: No-one besides Shoobz seems to notice a barefoot young girl who lives in the zoo.