Western Animation: Totally Spies! The Movie
Totally Spies! The Movie is totally The Movie of Totally Spies!.It premiered on 2009 in its native France (in theaters, no less), and in April 2010 in the United States. It is an origin story for the three girls, recounting how Sam, Alex, and Clover met, became close friends, and began work as secret agents for WOOHP, the World Organization Of Human Protection. The girls begin their adventure after having been transferred to a high school in Beverly Hills and wind up stopping an evil Super Villain named Fabu, a former fashion model who entrances teenagers, plans to demolish the Earth from a fabulous luxury resort in space, and boasts what's possibly the most ludicrous Freudian Excuse in the history of time.They rescue some hot studs and an adorable piggy along the way.
- Action Girl - The three female leads, of course.
- Ambiguously Gay - Fabu. His mannerisms scream Camp Gay, but it's never stated outright.
- An Aesop - The movie manages to lay the "Individuality/Anti-Conformity" variety subtly underneath the main plot, while at the same time hammering it in our faces as part of the main plot.
- Ax-Crazy - Sheesh! Peppy Wolfman's Secretary is just plain psycho when people don't do what she says. Even a rampaging pack of various animals, ranging from common cats to a freaking elephant, can't faze her, they only make her angrier.
- Brainwashing - Fabu's method of controlling teenagers. Comes with a fabulous set of bleached bangs.
- Fate Worse Than Death - Played straight then subverted when Fabu punishes the girls by giving them horrid looking faces, then he decides to jettison them into space anyway.
- Freudian Excuse - Fabu has a magnificent one. He wants to demolish the Earth, because his pants fell off and people laughed at him once.
- The Movie
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast - Near the end of the movie Alex gets a call from a guy called Peppy Wolfman who seems to be offering to take Oinky off her hands. This is the last we see of Oinky.
- Obviously Evil - Tad.
- Reassigned to Antarctica - Literally done to Mrs. Stritch, as a gesture of gratitude from WOOHP to the girls.
- Red Herring - The principal Mrs. Stritch is introduced and shown all throughout the film in an obviously evil fashion, when she has absolutely nothing to do with the mission.
- Retcon - Yet another origin story for the girls. Seriously Marathon, make up your minds.
- Team Pet - The pig, Oinky (so named by Alex) becomes this for a brief portion of the film.
- Walk Like an Egyptian - The girls' method of (successfully) avoiding their principal, Mrs. Stritch. For some reason. Remarkably, they used The Bangles' song during the sequence, avoiding the use of a Suspiciously Similar Song.