->''This one believes in truth; this one believes in beauty; this one believes in good''
A 30-minute animated film created by Creator/RichardWilliams (in his film debut) in 1958, exploring philosophy without dialogue through the conflicts of three men who visit a little island.
Why so many spoiler tags? Well, let's just say this is a film that's full of surprises...
!!This short film provides examples of:
* BarbieDollAnatomy: The three little men. Also, a couple of naked women appear with nipples but no visible genitalia.
* ChekhovsGun: The way [[spoiler:Truth]] is dressed when he comes to the island. It's easy to miss. Not so easy to miss is the armor [[spoiler:Good]] is wearing.
* DerangedAnimation: Williams gets ''very'' creative with the way his characters look and move.
* FanNickname: Since the three characters are nameless, they're sometimes referred to in reviews and analayses of the film as "Good", "Truth", and "Beauty" for the sake of convenience.
* TheFundamentalist: ''"Each of the three little men in this film has an idea .... BUT ONLY ONE"''
* GoodIsNotNice: Good is easily the biggest jerk of the three characters.
* ImplausibleFencingPowers: [[spoiler:Beauty jumps over a ''bazooka shell'', shish-ka-bobs Good's imaginary minions in a single stab, then uses their muskets as harp strings. AWESOME!]]
* KnightTemplar: Good often dons elaborate armor and is not averse to using weapons - all in the name of good, of course.
* LimitedAnimation: Hard to believe, but Richard Williams, known today as a hardcore proponent of full animation, began his career working in the simple, stylized fashion typical of cartoons in the 1950s.
* MimeAndMusicOnlyCartoon: There is no spoken dialogue; title cards at the beginning explain the concept and identify the main characters.
* MundaneMadeAwesome - Subverted in the climax with Truth and his chalkboard. At ''first'' you think it's playing this trope straight, but then the camera pans back and upwards, revealing...[[spoiler: nope, not gonna spoil it.]]
* NakedPeopleAreFunny: Upon arriving at the island, the three characters lose their clothes. Fortunately, [[BarbieDollAnatomy there is nothing to see.]]
* OneWingedAngel: [[spoiler:Beauty and Good in the climax. Also counts as a ShapeshifterShowdown, as they transform into giant, more fearsome and very sumo-esque forms as they get angrier at each other.]]
* RedEyesTakeWarning: [[spoiler: Beauty in his imaginary Nubian form becomes infuriated when his feathery hair gets taken from him by the red sumo Good, and his eyes turn pure red (the camera even closes right up to them).]]
* RocketPunch: How this is pulled off must be seen to be believed.
* TheStraightMan: Truth
* WhatHaveIDone: Not spoken, but this is clearly Truth's reaction to [[spoiler:his chalkboard turning into a giant atomic bomb.]]