Western Animation: The Blue Racer
The Blue Racer is a series of 17 theatrical cartoons about a fast blue snake having misadventures or trying to eat a Japanese Beetle.The studio that animated it is DePatie-Freleng Enterprises, except for two done overseas: "Aches and Snakes" at Australia's Filmgraphics studio, and "Little Boa Peep" at Spain's Pegbar Productions.
This show contains examples of
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: The Blue Racer is a blue snake.
- Badass: Chicken Dad from "Fowl Play"
- Bears Are Bad News: An episode features a bear as an antagonist.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: The Japanese Beetle disappeared half-way through the series.
- Everything's Worse with Bees: "Snake Preview"
- Expy: The Japanese Beetle is very similar to Gepetto as he appears in House of Mouse.
- Funny Animal: Crazy-Legs Crane
- Hey, It's That Voice!: One episode featured the Blue Racer trying to sneak past the Rooster voiced by Mako.
- I Know Kung-Fu: The Japanese Beetle.
- The Rival/Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: The Japanese Beetle and Crazy-Legs Crane.
- Road Runner vs. Coyote
- Small Name, Big Ego: The Blue Racer.
- Spin-Off: The characters spun off from Tijuana Toads.
- Talking to Himself: Bob Holt voices both The Blue Racer and Japanese Beetle in the episode "Support Your Local Serpent".
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: The Blue Racer
- Villain Protagonist