Western Animation: The Bellflower Bunnies
A Hungarian DVD release.The Bellflower Bunnies
is a French animated TV series based on the book Beechwood Bunny Tales
by Geneviève Huriet. It first aired on 2001 on the TF1 network. It comprises four specials and 48 regular episodes.
The series centers on five bunnies, their father and their aunt.
The Bellflower Bunnies exhibits the following tropes:
- Barefoot Cartoon Animals: The entire cast.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Literally. Germans loved the show so much that the third season aired in Germany first.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Season 1 was released on DVD and is out of print. Season 2 was released on DVD and is out of print. Season 3 only has two DVD volumes released, and is out of print. Sensing a theme, here?
- The Moving Experience: From the point of the moving party, in the first special.
- Screwed by the Network: TF 1 started airing the third (and last) season in April 2007, but stopped abruptly in July of the same year and the remaining episodes were delayed over the next three years, finally airing the last one, ''Fabiola la Douce" in July 2010 (although its French premiere ocurred in January 2009 in Playhouse Disney).
- Short Run in Peru: See Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The series was so popular in Germany that Season 3 was released there first.
- Five-Man Band: The series mainly focuses on five bunnies, though not all of them fills in a role, some may even take up more than one role.
- The Smart Guy: Poppy
- The Chick: Violette