Sylvanian Families (1987) is an animated series produced by DiC Entertainment to cash in on the Sylvanian Families franchise which was reaching the peak of its popularity at the time. Each episode, a small child with a problem makes a wish about something that might cause An Aesop, and then meets a magic woodkeeper who opens a door to Sylvanian Forest and shrinks them. They enter and meet a few of the Sylvanian Families, after which they learn the Aesop of the episode, which usually has something to do with either how you should have been happy all along, or that you should quit being such a Jerk Ass.In 1988 there was a short four-episode stop-motion series.Needs Wiki Magic Love.
- An Aesop: Once an Episode.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal
- Canon Foreigner: The DiC series, again. The Woodkeeper, Gatorpossum, Packbat and the numerous one-off children doesn't exist in the official continuity.
- Darker and Edgier: The series in relation to the toyline as a whole. It had villains where the toyline was completely devoid of them.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animals
- Merchandise-Driven: Based on the Japanese toy line known today as Calico Critters in the U.S..
- Talking Animal: All the Animals in the Sylvanian Forest can talk.