''Stone Protectors'' was a toy line and 1993 animated series. The whole thing was made in an attempt to market [[AnyoneRememberPogs troll dolls]] to young boys. It was fairly unsuccessful.
The premise was that five members of a terrible band called the "Rock Detectors" stumbled across some strange magical stones, which are sought by Zok, an evil music-hating reptile-like creature. Princess Opal of Mythrandir split a powerful magic stone into six pieces, and Zok only has one. He wants to gather them all and reforge the original magic stone in order to become all powerful. The crystals make each band member gain awesome powers (none of those powers being playing well), and they are whisked away to Mythrandir to help save Princess Opal's land form Zok.
This rather obscure show only lasted 13 episodes. It was released onto some VHS tapes in 1994. A video game was also produced, which got better reviews than the show did.
* AllTrollsAreDifferent: In this case, they're a literal FiveManBand who protect magical stones from an evil troll using ThePowerOfRock.
* ColorCodedForYourConvenience: Guess which stone the bad guys ended up with? The Onyx -- the black one.
* CursedWithAwesome: The Stone Protectors feel this way. On one hand, they're trapped away from Brooklyn. On the other, they've got badass troll bodies instead of scrawny human bodies. And for some reason, being trolls also made them good at playing their instruments.
* DarkIsEvil: The Onyx. Technically the Onyx itself isn't evil, but it's black and it's the Stone of Power the bad guys got.
* EnvironmentSpecificActionFigure: Sports figures. They did those instead of a Princess Opal.
* FakeBand: The Rock Detectors
* FiveManBand: Close but no cigar - Clifford just plain didn't fit into any of the team roles.
* MagicalLand: Mythrandir. You didn't expect a Tolkein reference in this context, did you?
* MakeMeWannaShout: Cornelius gained supersonic vocals as his power. The time they got their powers switched, Maxwell got the supersonic vocals and enjoyed them so much he screamed himself mute in about 10 minutes.
* ReptilesAreAbhorrent: The enemies are all reptilian.
* RollerbladeGood: Maxwell
* TheBigGuy: Chester
* TheLancer: Maxwell
* TheLeader: Cornelius
* TheSmartGuy: Angus
* TheSmurfettePrinciple: The only major female was Princess Opal, and she wasn't based on a toy.
* ToylessToylineCharacter: Princess Opal was not based on a toy. She wasn't even going to be adapted to the second wave of them. Some villains were also like this. Also, Opal's Soldiers.
* WhatKindOfLamePowerIsHeartAnyway: Three of the five band members got cool powers -- Cornelius became a skilled samurai, Chester became a wrestling expert with super strength, and Angus became a skilled soldier who could turn anything into a weapon. Maxwell got super-speed, but he needed to wear rollerblades to use it. And Clifford only got the ability to climb things. Granted, he could climb ''anything'' and came in useful regularly, but it was hardly cool compared to the other powers.