In early 2014, Sony released a trailer for a film based on Sly Cooper. The film was set to be released in 2016 but due to some hiccups in development, it's unknown when, or even if it will be released. It will be the second film based on a Sony mascot franchise, with the first being Ratchet & Clank.In June 2017, it was confirmed that the film has been cancelled because of the other film's Box Office Bomb. However, a television series has been confirmed in its place.Here's the teaser trailer.
Has the following tropes
- All-CGI Cartoon: Naturally.
- Compressed Adaptation: The movie adapts the first game's story while giving Bentley and Murray characterizations closer to the second game (Bentley is in his demolition expert attire and can drive the Cooper Gang's van, while Murray is "The Murray").
- Donut Mess with a Cop: The trio get the whole precinct after them just for taking their donuts in the teaser trailer. Granted they are wanted thieves, but still…
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Averted. Unlike in the original games, Sly and Murray are wearing pants.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: In the first trailer, Sly pulls one on Bentley whilst the latter is lecturing Murray that orange-flavored chocolates don't count as fruit. Bentley turns around…Bentley: "And of course... you're gone."
- Take a Third Option: In the trailer, Sly and Bentley try to get donuts for Murray as a late night snack. They reach the donut shop just as it closes, however. But luckily there's a police station near by. Just as good as any donut shop, right?
- You Don't Look Like You: All of the cast are getting redesigns, giving them more facial features and looking a bit less cartoon-y than they do in the games.