"When a mysterious explosion destroys an artificial intelligence lab, Adam Hollister is framed. His son, Jack Hollister, sets out to prove his father's innocence, that someone else had caused the explosion and had stolen an experimental computer brain. Merging it with his own brain, he transforms into the master criminal known as Cybron. To fight Cybron and his evil Bioborgs, Jack Hollister becomes Skysurfer One, leader of the Skysurfer Strike Force."
—The Opening Narration from the first season.Skysurfer Strike Force is a syndicated cartoon show that aired on the BKN cartoon block. Created by Ruby-Spears Productions, this series ran for two seasons from 1995 to 1997.As the Opening Narration above explains, the show featured five heroes, named the Skysurfers. Led by Jack Hollister aka Skysurfer One, the Skysurfers fight show Big Bad, Cybron and his Bioborgs to stop his attempts at world domination and clear the late Adam Hollister's name. The Skysurfers used technologically advanced watches called Digitrans that transformed them from their casual clothing to battle gear and weapons. During the transformations, their cars transform into rocket-powered surfboards that they can ride in the air.
Skysurfer Strike Force provides examples of:
- Animesque: As with Ruby-Spears' Mega Man series, the animation was by Ashi Productions (now known as Production Reed).
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Sliced Ice after she was enlarged and brainwashed by Cybron in "Titan of Terror".
- Also the Slitha Monsters, giant Bioborg worms in "Attack of the Slitha Monsters".
- Flying Car / Hover Board: The Skysurfers' all purpose vehicles, which can change from civilian cars to flying rocketboards.
- Frame-Up: Adam Hollister for Cybron's crimes.
- Nineties Anti-Heroes: By looks and names only. Over-the-top "xtreme", definitely, but in a family-friendly way.