Western Animation: Shrine Esper
Espers are superhumans that practice Onmyodo and are usually Kannushi or Mikos. Most of them have moved away from Earth, set off to find better land, but one of them was given the responsibility to defend the Earth from evil spirits, the female Kannushi, Yoshiko Gobosei. She guards the Hokura Hachiman-gu Shrine, with the assistance of her servant, Isamu Ofuda. Together, they must protect the Earth from evil Kami.
Tropes in Shrine Esper
- Elemental Powers
- Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors: Water quenches Fire, Fire melts Metal, Metal chops Wood, Wood parts Earth, and Earth absorbs Water.
- Looks Like Cesare: Yoshiko, though she doesn't wear all black.
- Meaningful Name: Yoshiko Gobosei
- No Mouth: Yoshiko's mouth is obscured by her pea coat's collar, and in ceremonial uniform, wears a face mask.
- Prophet Eyes: All of the Espers in their Kami State.
- Soul Power: Both Espers and Demons possess this.
- Stringy Haired Esper Girl: Yoshiko.
- Super Mode: The Kami State.