Western Animation: Santo Bugito
Santo Bugito is a 1995 Saturday Morning Cartoon produced by Klasky-Csupo (creators of Rugrats) that aired on CBS. It is about an insect community living in a town on the Texas-Mexico border and their many problems that come with being insects. Mind you, this show's concept was done a few years before Antz and A Bug's Life, two animated insect movies.Unfortunately, the show only ran for 13 episodes.
This show contains examples of:
- Credits Gag: The credits at the beginning and end of each episode would have the cast members' names altered to be insect-themed, such as Mark Mothersbug (Mark Mothersbaugh), Gabor "Big Bug" Csupo, and Arlene "Honey Bee" Klasky.
- Creepy Cockroach: The episode "Buenos Roaches".
- Everything's Worse with Bees: The first episode features a pair of killer bees that Santo Bugito's residents believe would orchestrate a full-scale attack. It turns out that they and the rest of their hive are just stopping there for a break as they move to the White House, since their town is much too small to be of importance.
- Foreign Language Tirade: Again, from Carmen, when something goes terribly wrong.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Mostly from Carmen de la Antchez, the ant restaurateur.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Burt and Clem
- My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels: Whenever Burt and Clem, The Texan flies, try and speak Spanish."My dandruff is your dandruff."
- Only Sane Man: Carmen, and to an extent, Paco.
- Poirot Speak: Once again, with Carmen.
- Short Runner