Rubik the Amazing Cube was a 1983 Ruby-Spears animated series based on... well... the then extremely popular Rubik's Cube puzzle toy. In this short-lived series, a trio of Latino siblings (Carlos, Lisa, and Reynaldo Rodriguez) are casually walking around a forest at night, and happen to witness a strange gypsy/magician-type character going at top speed in a horse-drawn cart. A strange object falls out of the cart, which looks like a Rubik's Cube. One of the kids picks it up and solves it, and lo and behold, the thing comes to life, complete with a face and legs. He calls himself Rubik, and immediately bonds with the kids, who soon have wacky misadventures with the eponymous cube.Contrary to popular belief, the creators of this show were perfectly sober when they came up with this concept.
- Evil Sorcerer: Rubik's previous owner.
- Fad Super: Speaks for itself, really.
- Living Toys: The title character.
- No Ontological Inertia: Averted. While Rubik is powerless when scrambled, any spells he had in effect stay in effect (often to the detriment of the kids who had to solve him).
- Once an Episode: Whenever Rubik gets bumped too hard, his cube jumbles up, trapping him inside and forcing one of the kids to solve the cube to free him. (Usually with some added complication, from having to solve the cube while hanging upside down above an eagle's next, to having to do it without thumbs due to being turned into a dog)