Hey, you! Don't look so perplexed / Why must you be vexed / Can't you see you're next?
Yes, you're next. You're so next!"''
- Backwards-Firing Gun: This happens after Bugs ties Elmer's shotgun into a knot.
- Dangerously Close Shave: Bugs gives Elmer one.
- Escalating War: During the climax, Bugs and Elmer start chasing each other back and forth across the stage with ever-larger weapons, starting with a hatchet and ending with a cannon that wouldn't look out of place on a modern battleship.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Elmer wears these.
- Lohengrin and Mendelssohn: Very briefly right before the end. Whereupon Bugs carries Elmer across the threshold and drops him into a giant cake bearing the words "The Marriage of Figaro."
- Mickey Mousing: Being done quite masterfully at that.
- Musical Episode: Every line except for one is sung to the tune of the overture.
- To the point that you can certainly try to listen to the original overture and not recall this cartoon's lyrics in your head. You can't do it.
- Never Trust a Hair Tonic: Bugs rubs and sprinkles a number of tonics on Elmer's scalp, only for flowers to sprout from his head instead of hair.
- Snake Charmer: Bugs dresses as one and uses a flute to control an electric shaver that attacks Elmer.
- Sudden Anatomy: At one point, Bugs' hands sprout five fingers, to have his hands match those of a piano player.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Bugs, as usual.
- Elmer, during the ending, dresses as the bride after Bugs gives him a number of gifts, including an engagement ring. Bugs then proceeds to drop him into the cake that (presumably) would have been used later in the actual opera, had the two not stolen the show.