Western Animation: Puppy in My Pocket: Adventures in Pocketville
aka: Puppy In My Pocket
Puppy in My Pocket: Adventures in Pocketville
(Italian: "Cuccioli Cerca Amici: Nel Regno di Pocketville"note
) is an animated TV series based on the popular toys. It features tiny puppy adventures as Flo (Kate in the English version) and her puppy Magic must help the puppies of Pocketville make their way to children in the real world and try to get Princess Ava (Amy in the original), who was beamed to the real world by her sister, Eva (Yma), back into Pocketville.
The English dub was directed by Mark Hanna, who also provides the voice for Magic. This show was produced at Cinecittà film studios located in Rome, Italy. It is produced by Giochi Preziosi, MEG Entertainment Groupnote
, and Mondo TV, and distributed worldwide for television by Turner Entertainment. The series premiered on Boomerang
in the United States on January 2, 2012. As of this writing it can also be seen online on the Popcornflix website.
This Show Provides Examples of:
- Animal Talk
- Artistic License – Animal Care: Numerous times throughout the series, animals are shown eating things that would be bad for them in real life. A good example would be Magic eating a bowl of fruit that contains grapes which are highly toxic to dogs. Granted, it's due to all the flouride grapes can collect in them, not the grapes themselves, but still.
- Big, Badass Bird of Prey
- Cain and Abel: Eva is Cain, Ava is Abel.
- Cats Are Mean: Averted for the most part, except for the evil princess Eva.
- Cat Stereotype: The Siamese stereotype is played straight with Yma (Eva), but averted with Princess Amy (Ava).
- Creepy Crows: Villainess Eva has a crow named Krakia as a henchwoman.
- Cute Kitten
- Dog Stereotype: Magic (original name, Oristarfo) is a protagonistic German Shepard. Also, Zull the Rottweiler and Gort the pitbull are sidekicks to the main villain, Yma.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: There are people who draw parallels to Polly Pocket and Littlest Pet Shop.
- Female Feline, Male Mutt
- Fun Size: All the native inhabitants of Pocketville are tiny cute animals including dogs, cats, and chickens.
- A Girl and her Puppy
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: Between Ava and Eva.
- Lip Lock: The British dub is terrible with this.
- Merchandise-Driven: The series is based on several animal themed "...in My Pocket" lines of toysnote .
- Moral Myopia: In "Operation Princess" Amy objects to stealing a mook's keys to rescue Ava because stealing is wrong, but it's apparently okay to take his keys if he accidentally leaves them on a counter and you return them after using them.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Ava is kind, and gentle. Eva is cruel, and rough. Also Ava is a light colored Siamese cat, Eva is a dark one.
- Precious Puppies
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Every animal in Pocketvile is one. Not even the villains can help but be adorable.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Yma is backwards for Amy and Gort is backwards for "trog."
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Kate can speak to animals as long as she wears the Friendship Heart
- Sugar Bowl
- Two Shorts: Originally produced as a 15-minute series, this is how it aired on TV in the United States.