Western Animation: Paw Paw Bears
Paw Paws (refered to as such on screen despite what the theme song calls them) is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon from The Eighties, shown as part of The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera, a syndicated Sunday morning blocknote with Yogi's Treasure Hunt and Galtar and the Golden Lance. Basically The Smurfs + Pacific Northwest Indians as anthropomorphic bears, with their totem doubling as a sort of Combining Mecha.
Paw Paw Bears contains examples of:
- Adorkable: Trembly Paw
- Big Bad: Dark Paw
- Braids, Beads and Buckskins
- Deadpan Snarker: Trembly Paw. So very much.
- Gang of Critters
- Everything's Better with Princesses: The tribe was governed by Princess Paw Paw, who used her pendant to awaken the totem.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Howard Morris as Trembly Paw, in his first H-B role since his Rage Quit 20 years earlier.
- Lilliputians: The eponymous bears.
- Lovable Coward: Trembly Paw
- Mr. Fanservice: Trembly Paw. Walking Shirtless Scene? Check. Adorkable? Check. The Woobie? Check. Lets face it, if the show were more popular he'd be a fangirl magnet.
- Mundane Utility: Averted when the Paw Paws try to call Totem Bear to take a thorn out of a giant's foot and the totem animals, apparently deciding this falls under the heading of "taking the piss'', promptly cease responding to summons for most of the ep, until the Paw Paws learn An Aesop and become more able to handle things by themselves.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Princess Paw Paw wears a pink outfit trimmed with white fur.
- Stupid Evil: Dark Paw, so very much.
- Terrible Trio: Dark Paw and his two henchbears.