Western Animation: New York Weenie
New York Weenie is one of the season 1 shorts of the new Mickey Mouse (2013) series created by Paul Rudish for the Disney Channel and Disney.com. It's the fourth to air on the Disney Channel and the third/fourth to be put on Disney.com.In New York City, Mickey and Minnie are strolling down Central Park, when all of a sudden, Minnie becomes hungry. Mickey goes and buys her a hot dog, but it escapes before it can be eaten by Minnie. Can Mickey get it back?
Contains examples of:
- Anthropomorphic Food: The hot dog.
- Art Shift: The lion looks realistic when Mickey returns to Minnie with the hot dog.
- Baby Carriage
- Big Applesauce
- Blank White Eyes: Mickey as he becomes more feral-like.
- Creepy Crossdresser: Goofy
- The Determinator: Mickey, to the point of turning insane and animal-like.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: Mickey tells Minnie that it's the only walk they had that he can remember. Mickey realizes what he just said and tells her that it makes it the loveliest.
- Funny Background Event: When Mickey becomes so savage that he roars and pounds his chest, there's a sign right next to him that says, "Beware! Wild animals".
- Gross-Up Close-Up: The hot dog after Mickey brings it back to Minnie.
- Growling Gut: Minnie's makes the entire city shake.
- Mythology Gag:
- Mickey also dealt with a living hot dog that was meant for Minnie waaaay back in the 1929 short, The Karnival Kid.
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit also dealt with a similar anthropomorphic hot dog in his short "All Wet".
- Spaghetti Kiss: Mickey and Minnie have one with a hot dog.