All kinds of creatures...Mr. Meaty
is a "children's" show, ages eight and up, debuting on Nickelodeon
in 2006. It's about two teenagers, Josh and Parker, who work in a mall at a fast food restaurant called, well, Mr. Meaty. Josh is a snarky and tall and often scheming to get money, get girls to notice him, or just in general. Best Friend Parker is a lovable moron who's also The Pollyanna
and is incredibly nice. They work for the thawed out (but not completely, as he still looks like a frozen corpse) Texan CEO of Mr. Meaty. They also have to deal with a roving gang of "Gangsta" kids, a group of Libbys
named the Ashleys, and other general weirdness that pops into their store.
Take note of those quotation marks around the word "children's". Parents, this is a very
This series provides examples of:
- Ascended To Carnivorism: An unusual human variation occurs when a group of soy-centric vegetarians are supposed to eat their new employee, as part of a plan that even they don't really understand. This is mostly because their "circle of life" chart makes no sense and is really confusing.
- Brainwashed: The hypnotized customers and partially Mr. Wink, the manager who was given an electric chip, turning him mean, bitter, and robotic.
- Butt Monkey: Josh, usually due to Parker's stupidity. Parker has his moments as well.
- Chest Burster: The lizard-face alien dressed as a new employee in "I Love Lizzy" is implied to be a facehugger alien type, as she traps Parker in a snot-like web and promises him that once she impregnates him with her eggs everything will be fine...until they hatch and burst out of his chest.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: An lizard-faced alien dressed as a new employee tries to attract the duo so she can impregnate them with her eggs.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Doug, the mall cop, seems to like hanging out with the boys.
- Jerk Ass: Josh can be this sometimes.
- Karmic Transformation: When Josh insults a magical unicorn, the unicorn turns him into a pink horse but with his head remaining human.
- Meaningful Name: Edward Carney's last name is a pun on "carne," the spanish word for "meat."
- Mega Corp.: Arguably the Mr. Meaty fast food chain, which is controlled by Edward R. Carney, the founder who was previously cryogenically frozen and will not rest until man, woman and child has a Mr. Meaty meal 5 times a day.
- Ship Tease: Goth Girl seems to be the only girl that Josh hits on who actually seems to like him back.
- Actually, Brittany is Josh's girlfriend in Season 2.
- Shout-Out: The behind the counter ordering system is an LCARS Display.
- Zombie Gait: Josh and Parker hypnotize customers into becoming zombies. The zombies substitute "meat" for brains.