Western Animation: Miscellaneous Disney Shorts
This page is meant to cover Disney short subjects that were not or are not part of any ongoing series. Many of these cartoons are Wartime Cartoon shorts, educational shorts, or just oneshot cartoons.Note that these shorts do not include shorts in the 40's Disney package films, or the Winnie the Pooh anthology films.
Misc. Disney Shorts Filmography
- Thrifty Pig: Borrows footage from Three Little Pigs, but with World War II context applied to it.
- Seven Wise Dwarfs: A War Bond mini-short produced by the National Film Board Of Canada. Recycles much of its footage from Snow White.
- Food Will Win the War
- Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Firing Line
- All Together
- The New Spirit
- The Winged Scourge (1943)
- Defense Against Invasion (1943)
- The Grain That Built A Hemisphere (1943)
- Water, Friend or Enemy (1943)
- Education for Death (1943): One of the most infamous of the Disney wartime shorts, notably an adaptation of the book "Education For Death: The Making of a Nazi". Runner-up on The 50 Greatest Cartoons list.
- Reason and Emotion (1943): Two versions exist—the original version is a blatant wartime film, but later versions splice in new footage to a more contemporary context.
- Chicken Little (1943)
- Four Methods of Flush Riveting (date unknown): Training film.
- Stop That Tank: Training film made for Canada.
- The Pelican And The Snipe (1944): Originally planned as part of The Three Cabarellos, but was released as a standalone short instead.
- Few Quick Facts: Soldiers Voting Overseas (1944)
- Few Quick Facts: Venereal Disease (1944)
- The Right Spark Plug in the Right Place
- Prevention and Control of Distortion in Arc Welding
- The Dawn of Better Living
- Something You Didn't Eat
- Insects as Carriers of Disease
- Cleanliness Brings Health
- Infant Care and Feeding
- Hold Your Horsepower
- The Human Body
- What Is Disease? (AKA The Unseen Enemy)
- How Disease Travels
- Light Is What You Make It
- A Feather in His Collar (1946)
- The ABC Of Hand Tools (1946)
- The Building of a Tire (1946)
- Bathing Time For Baby (1946)
- Planning For Good Eating (1946)
- Environmental Sanitation (1946)
- Treasure From The Seas (1946)
- The story of Menstruation (1946)
- The Brave Engineer (1950)
- Morris the Midget Moose (1950)
- Adventures in Music: Melody (1953)
- Football Now and Then (1953)
- Toot Whistle Plunk and Boom (1953): One of The 50 Greatest Cartoons.
- Ben And Me (1953)
- Casey Bats Again (1954): Sequel to "Casey at the Bat", which was part of the Disney feature "Make Mine Music".
- Pigs Is Pigs (1954): A stylized, UPA-esque short. Name's the Same as a mid-1930's Looney Tunes short.
- Social Lion (1954)
- Hooked Bear (1956)
- Jack and Old Mac (1956)
- In the Bag (1956)
- A Cowboy Needs A Horse (1956)
- The Story of Anyburg, U.S.A. (1957)
- The Truth About Mother Goose (1957)
- Paul Bunyan (1958)
- Noah's Ark (1959)
- Goliath II (1960)
- The Saga of Windwagon Smith (1961)
- A Symposium on Popular Songs (1962): Last film made before the closure of the animated short film department - all future short work is done through Feature Animation.
- Steel and America (1965)
- Family Planning (1967)
- Steps Towards Maturity and Health (1968)
- Understanding Stresses and Strains (1968)
- The Social Side of Health
- Physical Fitness and Good Health (1969)
- The Fight (1969)
- The Game (1969)
- It's Tough To Be A Bird (1969)
- The New Girl (1970)
- The Lunch Money (1970)
- The Project (1970)
- The Great Search-Man's Need for Power and Energy (1971)
- Get the Message (1972)
- VD Attack Plan (1973)
- The Small One (1978)
- Understanding Alcohol Use and Abuse (1979)
- Foods and Fun: A Nutrition Adventure (1980)
- Fun With Mr. Future (1982): A tongue in cheek look at the future, hosted by Mr. Future, an animatronic head.
- Vincent (1982): A Tim Burton directed Stop Motion short.
- Oilspot and Lipstick (1986): CGI test.
- Everything You Wanted To Know About Puberty...for Girls (1991)
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Puberty...for Boys (1991)
- Off His Rockers (CGI)
- Petal to the Metal (1992)
- Recycle Rex (1993)
- Stand By Me (1995)
- Redux Riding Hood (1997)
- Three Little Pigs (1997): No relation to the 1933 short.
- John Henry (2000)
- Destino (2003): A result of a decades long collaberation between Salvador Dali and Disney.
- Lorenzo (2004): A scrapped segment for the proposed third Fantasia film.
- One By One (2004)
- The Little Matchgirl (2006)
- The Origin Of Stitch (2006)
- Glago's Guest (2008)
- Tick Tock Tale (2010)
- The Ballad of Nessie (2011)
- Paperman (2012)
- Feast (2014)
- All-CGI Cartoon: Some of the later shorts.
- Biblical Times: The "Noah's Ark" short.
- Bowdlerise: "Reason and Emotion" was originally a Wartime short, but was heavily edited in a later version to be applied to a teenage context.
- The Cameo: The Stork from Dumbo appears in the opening of "Lambert, The Sheepish Lion".
- Also, the Crocodile in Goliath II.
- Early-Bird Cameo: The Jungle Book elephants in Goliath II.
- Human Traffic Jam: In Goliath II, which was later reused in The Jungle Book.
- Limited Animation: The Adventures in Music Duology, as well as "Pigs is Pigs". The Ballad of Nessie short also uses this—or it at least has very stylized animation.
- Lying Finger Cross: In Ben And Me, Ben Franklin does this while shaking hands with his good friend, Amos Mouse, after promising not to play another trick on him, which led to Ben's famous discovery of electricity.
- The Golden Age of Animation
- The Dark Age of Animation
- The Renaissance Age of Animation
- The Millennium Age of Animation
- Public Domain Animation: The short on Menstruation.
- Something Completely Different: "Noah's Ark", which was animated via stop-motion.
- Wartime Cartoon: Many of these oneshots.