Western Animation: Minnie Mouse
Mickey Mouse's Love Interest.Her full name, Minerva Mouse, is given in the comic strip story "The Gleam" by Merrill De Maris and Floyd Gottfredson and published from January 19 to May 2, 1942.In many appearances, Minnie was presented as Mickey's girlfriend, a close friend to Daisy Duck, and/or a friend to Clarabelle Cow.See also supporting Disney Character section of the Kingdom Hearts Character Sheet for tropes that refer to them specifically in said video game series.
Media featuring MinnieNotable shorts:
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit - In a Cameo at the end of the movie.
- Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
- Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers
- Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas
- The Mickey Mouse Club
- Mickey Mouseworks / House of Mouse
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Minnie's Bow-Toons
- Mickey Mouse - Has separate shorts centered on her called Eau De Minnie, and Clogged.
- Totally Minnie
- Minnie 'n Me
Tropes That Apply to Minnie:
- Alliterative Name
- Cute but Cacophonic: Adorable in several instances, but her voice can grate on your nerves.
- Demoted to Extra: She co-starred with Mickey in most of his black and white shorts, but once Donald Duck started appearing in Mickey shorts, she began appearing less and less.
- Depending on the Artist: She was originally topless, but she's been depicted over the years as either topless or fully clothed.
- Distaff Counterpart
- Distressed Damsel
- Damsel out of Distress: In quite a few shorts.
- Chaste Toons: She has twin nieces named Millie and Melody
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Depending on the Artist.
- Furry Confusion: She has a pet kitten named Figaro.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Again, Depending on the Artist.
- Hotter and Sexier: in a way different way than what one would expect, as the years have gone by, Disney has added several instances of her emphasizing her hips, making naughty Jokes, and generally being more saucy in nature. Runaway Brain has her shopping for swimsuits and teasing a Julius-possessed Mickey, and several bits of artwork cards in Disney Magical World have her in lightly suggestive poses.
- The Ingenue
- Nice Hat: In the really early Classic Disney Shorts.
- Nice Mice
- Official Couple: With Mickey Mouse.
- Out-of-Character Moment: While she's always sweet-natured, she encourages Mickey to rip Julius' ears off in Runaway Brain and Julius was still in Mickey's body when she said that.
- Pink Means Feminine: One of her favored colors, especially recently.
- Rodents of Unusual Size
- Satellite Character: Really doesn't have much of a personality outside of her interactions with Mickey and co.
- The Smurfette Principle
- True Blue Femininity: It was not uncommon to see her wearin blue in older appearances. In the last 30 years she's began leaning toward pink and red though.
- Species Surname
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics